X

Started to design my new tailsection

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Started to design my new tailsection

Made a mock up of a tail section for my bike today. Mind you it's only a mock up. Needs a lot of trimming yet. Trying to save some money by doing it myself. 1st time trying, going to be using a 1999 Honda CBR900RR tail light, and move the turn signals off of the side. Thinking of using some LED mini lights in the tail. Going to paint the bike (when finished) white and the swing arm and rims powder coated white. Also going to get all of the graphic's used on Kevin Schwantz 1989 Suzuki RVG500 Pepsi bike. The seat will be custom and covered in pepsi blue. Also thinking of running gixxer suspension, or sending mine to race tech, not sure yet.
    Attached Files

A little trimming done and paint.
    Attached Files

Comment

Nice box ~

All you want to know is right here ~

Comment

This appears to have potential for the ugliest tail section i've ever seen..... GOOD WORK!

Comment

Looking forward to seeing it. Have you considered blue wheels to go with the seat? I've always liked a pearl white bike, but I always seem to end up with black!
          sigpic
          Pepe Bouchard

Comment

Here is the bike I'm copying. Need to do some trimming to the side's. This is the 1st time trying to make something like this.
            Attached Files

Comment

good start on the mock up, should look good when it's finished. keep us posted on the progress

Comment

some of you guys are being a bit harsh...it's just a mock-up! i can see where he's trying to go with it, just need some refining.....

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

It should look good, I admire anyone that can do bodywork. I am like a kindergartner with crayons when it comes to cosmetics. Cant wait to see your finished bike.
                  JMod
                  06' Katana 750
                  02' Lincoln LS V-8

Comment

keep posting the updates, looking good
                    The supreme happiness of life is the conviction of being loved for yourself, or, more correctly, being loved in spite of yourself.
                    http://myspace.com/solsticio
                    www.facebook.com/solsticios

Comment

Originally posted by teddy View Post
                      some of you guys are being a bit harsh...it's just a mock-up! i can see where he's trying to go with it, just need some refining.....
                      +1000 Seems to be a lot of that going around here lately
                      Joker
                      The newest addition to the Family!
                      sigpic
                      stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

What do you plan on making it of? Fiberglass? I think cardboard is a little hard to make a mock up of, I always use MDF. It takes more work but it is more durable and can be used multiple times. But Ive used carboard, just line it with aluminum foil when you lay your mat.

--Looks good so far, but it may be easier just to see if Mreedohio would let you make a copy of his.
                        Originally posted by arsenic
                        93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

If it were my bike, I'd use green plant foam to make the mock-up. Or if I couldn't find any, I'd glue pieces of blue-board together. Either way, cardboard is going to limit the contour that you can give it (and on a jellybean shaped bike like the 98+ kat, it will need some curves).

Using cardboard, you're setting this up to be a month-long project. If you use foam, carve it until you've got the shape right, cover it in masking tape and mold it...... this could be all wrapped up in less than a week worth of spare time.
                          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

I've heard that an electric turkey knife works well on carving the foam into shape. I am interested to see how it turns out. Looks like a cool idea!
                            -Izzy

"If you're gonna be a turd, go lay on the lawn."
                            -My wife

Comment

Good luck
                              99 Ford F150 4x4
                              04 Mustang GT
                              2010 Camaro SS
                              06 GSX600F
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...