Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Pictorial - Put a pre 600 tail on a pre 750.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThAzKat View Post
    Krey, I want the plastics if the price is right. I am getting a custom undertail from tjums. I have a good taillight that includes 2 bulbs install. I am trying to get spare plastics together for paint!
    I'll get pics and send them your way thursday night... the plastics do have some imperfections, but that means they will be cheap..

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I like the 125 weight also!!

if they are worse than mine, I will paint them flat black and use mine for the paint work. Going back to blue!
      TDA Racing/Motorsports
      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
      Who knows what is next?
      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Nice write up.
        91 Toyota MR2 (weekend toy/race car)
        92 Toyota Paseo(daily driver 38+MPG)
        89 Suzuki Katana 600 with a 93 engine (new daily driver/weekend toy)
        89 600 clutch and springs for sale, brand new.

Comment

Nice job! I'll keep this in mind for the future, although now would be the best time to do it because I'm painting it anyway. The problem is motorcycle parts can't be found for cheap around here.
          My current rides: (see my garage for a complete history of my bikes)

sigpic

Comment

nice job and of anyone else wants to do this i can set them in everything but the plastics :naughty:
            still screwing with junk

Comment

Updated some work done today, and wanted to give a big thanks to Scottysags for hooking me up with a usable grab bar and mounting bolts for it. Tail is all together in the stock configuration now.

Now it's time to revisit that, and see what I want to tweak and modify...
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I must agree that the 600 tail was sweeter then that big ole clumpy triangle tail light of the 750. I wound up rippin mine off and hand fabbin a custom fiberglass one up seat and a two up modified stock version for when the wife insists on riding with me incorporating led pods for the tail lights! I ended up just removing the whole rear subframe giving the illusion of a stretched swing arm when I actually just shortened the body. Not a bad choice if your limited on the customizing funds!
                Last edited by JokerZwild; 04-24-2009, 05:27 AM. Reason: typo
                Joker
                The newest addition to the Family!
                sigpic
                stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Originally posted by JokerZwild View Post
                  I must agree that the 600 tail was sweeter then that big ole clumpy triangle tail light of the 750. I wound up rippin mine off and hand fabbin a custom fiberglass one up seat and a two up modified stock version for when the wife insists on riding with me incorporating led pods for the tail lights! I ended up just removing the whole rear subframe giving the illusion of a stretched swing arm when I actually just shortened the body. Not a bad choice if your limited on the customizing funds!
                  Not to hijack Kreylyn's thread, but this sounds pretty interesting... any pics?
                  My current rides: (see my garage for a complete history of my bikes)

sigpic

Comment

I do have pics Alex! Please gimmie a few days as I just got this laptop up and running and dont have my albums uploaded yet! But Yes Im excited for some opinions!!
                    Joker
                    sigpic

Comment

I'd love to see it too...

Krey
                      93 750 Kat

Comment

I'm trying to find a few b4 and after shots. Ironicly it started out looking identical to that red 750 I believe Alex has. I just wish I documented (w/pics) the mods to better explain the work done. But I'll try to get the shots I do have up asap.

Last edited by JokerZwild; 04-25-2009, 09:42 AM. Reason: add on
                        Joker
                        sigpic

Comment

JokerZ 91Kat

Ok Alex as promised I went out and took a few recent snaps after work ...Please excuse the Dirt I was out after the rain and havent had a chance to give her a bath
                          DVC00958.jpg

DVC00955.jpg

DVC00956.jpg

DVC00961.jpg

DVC00965.jpg

DVC00967.jpg
                          Joker
                          sigpic

Comment

not to sure I like the leds down the frame rails but it sure helps with the daytime Brake visibility
                            Joker
                            sigpic

Comment

More of Jokerz Kat

heres a few of the two up seat and wind screen
                              DVC00952.jpg

DVC00954.jpg

DVC00953.jpg

DVC00950.jpg
                              Joker