No announcement yet.
X

slow progress with the Mrs.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't force her into anything. Once good scare and she'll be negative forever.

My advice, start looking at bikes with solo cowls and tell her she cannot ride on it with you - if she's like my wife at all, she will involve herself.

(I wouldn't ride with pillion with Range either, eh)
    I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. -- Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

OK, I'll let you in on my secret, foolproof one month plan

Go to your local Cessna flying center and get some brochures on a new airplane and leave them laying around. Don't actually say anything about buying a plane, and if asked, just say, "I always dreamed of being a pilot" After a week go to the local Yacht brokerage and get some seriously high priced yacht brochures and leave them laying around. Same deal, you always wanted to sail down around South America. Follow through with Helicopters, Hang Gliders and a personal mini-sub.

By the time you are done with her she is gonna drive you to the dealer and help you pick the color just to get you away from the high dollar/high risk alternatives.

Enjoy your new bike.

Carl-
      "Ignoring the facts does not mean that they cease to exist"

-Aldous Huxley

Comment

I would keep at it. She might succumb to the temptation. Maybe a few visits to the local dealership, or find out where a bike night is. Check and see how many women riders show up, and if several take her one night and let her see them riding. The more exposure to female riders, the more likely you are to convince her to ride.
        One project done, now on to the next few!!
        Explanation to girlfriend," I could be blowing time and money on strippers and booze!!!"

"Ahhh! The bliss of retirement and being broke all at the same time!!"

Comment

Sorry but before my last post I really didnt read your story totally.....21 years of marrage!!!Congrats
          !!!!on that!Now go and get the bike of your dreams you deserve it . What could possibly happen?Youv'e had to have done worse things in the past 21 years.
          Tell her you'll never ever fart under the covers again if she doesnt bust your balls about bike you well deserve! Go and get it dude...And enjoy yourself! By the way go for a Ninga 250 if you've never rode. Brand new it won't break the bank and for what it is its damn impressive....I have one in my garage.

Comment

Working...
          X