X

Looking for sound

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for sound

I have a 95 Kat 600 which I would like to sound a little better. Is there any cheaper way to get a nice sound from the bike without paying 500-600 for a full aftermarket exhaust?

Try a slip on from the aftermarket!!!! I used yoshimura paid 270.00 a lot of people like the wileyco for 100.00!!! Look on ebay!!!
    Lance
    2005 Kat 600

Comment

I think the cheapest would be a drill, but I wouldn't go that route. Like cancun said check e bay for a can.
      R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Ok another stupid question. Is that for both pipes? or is it 270 for each slip on?

Comment

As for your double posted double pipe question (I like the irony), probably not, as Cancun's bike came with a single exhaust like all of the "new" Kat's.

I would however try E-bay and the "For Sale" section here. I bought my full Yosh system (completely replaced the stock system from the motor back) from a member here (HS2020) when he decided to get more Bling for a great price!
          AMA member # 224227

Comment

from what i understand, slip-on choices for us pre98 owners is pretty limited. the only one that comes to mind were the f1's, but i think they've been discontinued. check ebay for a set. otherwise, you'd have to go to a 4 into 1 header for a slip on. if you do that, you might as well get a full system.

Long Live the D

Comment

The dual slip ons can run almost as much as a full 4-1 system in some cases unfortunately and the F1 pipes are getting harder to find.
              Like paradoxmd said, there's not alot of choices for us pre98 guys.

Comment

Get a pipe from a 98+ and a 98+ oil pan/pickup , and you'll have TONS of options for a slip-on .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                  Get a pipe from a 98+ and a 98+ oil pan/pickup , and you'll have TONS of options for a slip-on .
                  Are they compatible and swappable???
                  Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                  Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Yeah , if you swap the oil pan . The pre98 750 has a pan that's deeper in the middle , whereas the pan for the 98+ has a diffent deep-spot , and is supposed to be not as deep as the pre . But the 600 oil pan (pre) is different STILL , It's shallow all the way across . Never heard of how well that will wok on the 740 , though . It LOOKS like it'll bolt up (in fact , I HAVE bolted on up) , but never ran the engine . But other than that , the pipe should have about the same dimensions (spacing and such) .
                    *Disclaimer: I have NOT done this myself , this is all striclty conjecture on my part . Poster cannot be blamed for wasting money and/or time .
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

If you really want sound, u might be able to talk braadajim out of his d&d

Comment

Working...
                      X