X

05 suzuki katana 600 help please

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 05 suzuki katana 600 help please

Ok so I'm looking to do a few upgrades .
    With that being said I have three things I wanna get but will be picking 2..
    So the upgrades are
    Ivan's jet kit
    Ignition advancer
    Sprocket
    Can someone direct me in the direction of a upgrade that will give me the most hp

Like one sprocket? What's the plan for that. Do you mean you need to replace the chain and sprockets? In that case do that because it's a safety thing.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

So what would be my best option do the front and back with a new chain. And have you ever heard of a ignition advancer.

I'm new with the upgrading part and I don't wanna mess anything up. I just need help getting pointed in the new direction.
      Last edited by Beastlyhetrick; 06-07-2016, 08:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

You won't gain hp with either, you have what you have. You can move the torque around a little. Ignition advancer (you'll have to get one for a bandit) and a jet kit, Factory pro would be my choice.
        Last edited by 92xjunker; 06-07-2016, 08:35 AM.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Ok so what is a ignition advancer and what does it do exactly. And which is better ivan or k&n jet kits and I really appreciate your help.

Comment

I'm seriously going to have to go out on a limb here and ask you to try some searching.
            -Steve

sigpic
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

1998 to 2006 factory pro

Ignition advancer:

Its the timing rotor thats on the end of the crankshaft. As it spins makes the pickup coils send a signal to ignition box firing the spark plugs. With an aftermarket rotor some of them have the keyway offset by like 5 degrees or so to advance the ignition timing.

so it gives you a little more..on the bottom end.

If your thinking about a jet kit go with the factory pro units for your bike
              and also if you need a sprocket and chain set get that first before yours breaks !!! As far as gearing it really depends where you are using the bike
              ex. mostly highway or city.

Motorcycle speed and sprocket calculator with bike database for gearing, sprockets, tires and chains of over 1900 bikes. Request yours to be added as well.

Kats are pretty easy to work on & you'll save a ton of money doing the work yourself.

" That's what the internet is for"
              Last edited by loneraider; 06-07-2016, 09:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

So what is the best jet kits?? I thought Ivan's was??

Comment

Factoey Pro and Ivan's are comparable, but the factory production one is supposed to be easier to install.

I don't believe factory pro is making their ignition advancer for kats anymore, but holeshot.com still does (you have to buy the one for a bandit 600/1200, but its literally the same part, 100% compatible etc. Have one on my 600)

Go with jetkit and advancer. Changing gearing to have more low end will take off top end, have more vibrations at cruising speed, raise gas consumption, and make your bike louder. Maybe that's what you're going for? Anyways, try riding around in 5th gear on the freeway to see how it would affect top end, it's basically the same thing. If you dont mind the vibrations, etc well ok. Maybe do it later. I'd still recommend jet kit and advancer first.
                  Jet kit increases are across the entire range and don't limit anything anywhere. Advancer is mostly noticeable lower in the rpm range. By the time the increase from that fades off you're in the peak power band, so you dont notice it. Only con would be the engine will run slightly hotter, so if you're in constant stop and go traffic, or constant 100*+ temps, use cooler spark plugs (there's an OEM set so it's super easy)
                  1998 Katana 750
                  1992 Katana 1100
                  2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Working...
                  X