X

Leak

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leak

I finally tracked down my very minor leak. I have a drip coming from the front most plug on the right side of the cylinder head. My guess is that the gasket/seal is bad. The problem is, I cannot get an Allen wrench in there as the frame rail is in the way. Does anyone know of a tool or trick to service this w/o moving the engine.
    Last edited by TripleKing; 06-04-2016, 05:57 AM.

Are you talking about the valve cover bolts?
    Take an L shaped Allen and just use the short side...

Comment

No. There are plugs on the side of the engine, two on the left and two on the right. The PC I am on does not have a Snipping tool, but go to this link and look at #29 and #30 (gasket) on the schematic:

Comment

Ahh, those im unsure. Might have to drop the engine from the cradle

Comment

That is what I am afraid of. Ugh! Thinking I might try a ball end or cutting the short end of an Allen wrench down to squeeze in there. Just have to figure the size.
          Last edited by TripleKing; 06-03-2016, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Not hard to just tilt the motor down with a floor jack.
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran
            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

It's 8 bolts to tilt the motor forward. If you need lots of room, remove the front forks. Just leave a single bolt in the bottom engine cradle each side, and it will pivot up and down easily. Use a ratchet strap or engine jack to raise/lower the engine.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
              X