X

2nd Gear slips out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Gear slips out

Hello, I am a new Kat rider and I love it. However my second gear slips out and I believe it is the fork clutch. I was hoping one of you fine folks could tell me if they had a similar problem and what would be the best way to fix it. Thank you for your time I appreciate any advice!!

Either that or worn dogs. Depends on your abilities. Both require tearing into the trans. If it's a bad slip you may also have worn dogs. Which would mean complete tear down to replace a gear or have them under cut. If cost is a factor, it may be cheaper to replace the engine with a good used one.
    Last edited by 92xjunker; 04-04-2016, 11:35 PM.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

If I still rode it and just bypassed second to go to third will that make things significantly worse? Both the options are a little pricey for me right now.

Comment

That is a normal thing to do when you loose second gear.
        It won't get better that's for sure, it should last a while. Take it a little easier than normal when riding.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran

Comment

Thanks for your advice. As a new Kat rider I really appreciate it.

Comment

My bike sometimes pops out of first , into neutral.
            Same cause?

Comment

Most likely, although rare for first gear.
              spammer police
              USAF veteran

Comment

Working...
              X