X

Fork Adjuster Knobs.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fork Adjuster Knobs.

As indicated in prior reports, I am slowly bringing a neglected 1989 750 Kat back to health. One of my last problems is that the right fork adjuster job is out of synch. It clicks at when the blank tabs on the knob are lined up with the mark. How can I tell which setting it is at? Forks must have been rebuilt at one point (27 years old, 41,000 miles and no fork leak) and the knob was not reinstalled properly. For that matter, I have know idea if the left knob was installed accurately. For all I know, 1 is really 4.

They don't do much at all. I would, if it were mine, replace the springs for my weight, install emulators, change the seals and oil. Then cut that rod off. It will handle much better. Follow with rebuilding your 27 year old shock. The results will be like day and night. http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=90203
    Last edited by 92xjunker; 04-03-2016, 10:36 AM.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Suspension upgrades are set for next off-season, but now the Kat sees frequent, if not daily, duty.

I just wanted to balance the sides the best i could until next November.

Comment

Without disassembly to verify the rod isn't damaged you'll just have to guess.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Figured. Just hoping. I am guessing one is right the other is off one, I will try the right side above and below the number the left is set to. I doubt I will be able to tell the difference, but you never know.

Comment

The only reason that knob is there is to give you something to do at stop lights.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
              The only reason that knob is there is to give you something to do at stop lights.
              Feels that way.

Comment

Originally posted by TripleKing View Post
                Feels that way.
                Until someone can prove that's not why they are there, that's what I'm going with.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                  Until someone can prove that's not why they are there, that's what I'm going with.

No argument. Just laughing because it feels like they do nothing. I have tried with fork knobs in every possible combination from side to side and I cannot tell the difference.

Comment

We agree, they don't "feel" like the do nothing. They actually do nothing.

Comment

Working...
                    X