X

95 gsx600f new purchase need advice

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 gsx600f new purchase need advice

thinking about buying a 95 gsx600f katana been mostly sitting for 2 years maybe an occasional ride. should run normal. i have an idea of what needs to be looked into but im not finding a lot of aftermarket parts if any. trying to figure out what parts are interchangeable between the late 80s kat to 96 also. seems like its hard to shop for. any input related to this would be appreciated. asking price was 1k. mileage is 18k. plastics need installed. is this a good buy????
    1990 1100

A bike that has been mostly sitting for 2 years isn't going to run well. The carbs will need to be gone through well. It's beyond a spray and pray job. $1000 is in the ballpark for a 95 Katana 600 in great shape. I'd keep looking if I were you.

Comment

+1 on carbs also check tire date code change brake fluid and brakes. Needs to go and stop. I would also keep lookin
      Ride like it's your last ride
      sigpic

Comment

Most parts are interchangeable between 89-95 Kats. 88s have different carbs, 96-97 have some slight differences with electrical things.

If you're going to buy an older bike, it's going to need some work.
        If you're going to buy a bike that's sitting, it's going to need some work.

If you're cool with that, then sure go for it. In San jose area, kats in rough cosmetic shape but decent enough mechanical shape can be had for ~1500 that are newer and haven't been sitting. I know you're not going to have as many options in Fresno, but just giving you a heads up.
        1998 Katana 750
        1992 Katana 1100
        2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

im actually going to be in cincinnati area in ohio here shortly so that is where i will be doing my shopping so to speak. bikes are cheaper out here but it would cost around the same to purchase and ship then to just wait until i get there. i noticed all bikes are more expensive out i the midwest any known reason or is that just how it is? btw any ideas on a 04 kat 600 asking 1k. 4k miles. street fighter project so no plastics needs guages besides that runs fine.

1990 1100

Comment

Poopoo..... Find a descent Kat...
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran
            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

From the adds they both look like nice bikes and price seems in line with the prices in my area.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Working...
              X