No announcement yet.
X

Motorcycle Chain issue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I still think the heads need to be mushroomed a little more. What says you!

More Pics
    Treat everyday like it's your last....

Comment

Mine are more than that.

Comment

Yup, more than that but, not so far as to crack them. Use a little oil when you do.
        Last edited by 92xjunker; 05-01-2016, 06:12 PM.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Mine are a little more so, but not much. Looks like you've got a very nice camera.
          1998 Katana 750
          1992 Katana 1100
          2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Actually I took those pics with my Samsung S7 edge. I'm impressed with its low light capabilities.

Comment

In case anyone has been following this thread, I purchased a digital caliper. I watched a few Youtube videos and checked out some information online. I made sure the rivets were flared about 5.7mm. Considering this was the first time I had done this I was nervous. I have checked the chain multiple times now and everything seems to be staying together like it should. I appreciate everyone's comments and advice. I have learned several things on this adventure. I feel like I have accomplished something. WooHoo!

Comment

Sounds like you have it right.

Reading through this thread I was going to mention that the chain manufacturer should have included instructions about what the mushroomed pins should measure to be correctly done. When I did my first one I got the plate pressed on properly (digital caliper come in handy there too) and them slowly crept up on the proper measurement on the pins. Tighten, remove, check, repeat. Slow process my first time but at least I have confidence that it was done as properly as it could be.

Comment

Working...
                X