X

Good news (Finally)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good news (Finally)

After passing the MSF course, I didn't know what kind of motorcycle I wanted. I looked for a few weeks and a Craigslist post came up in Bristol,TN about a Suzuki Katana. I got it and dropped it less than 2 weeks later on some leaves in my neighborhood. My introduction into motorcycles has been a rough one. After the drop, I spent almost a month doing a carb cleanings, hitting up the 'Motorcycle 101' forums a dozen times, learning from YouTube mechanics, etc. I was able to get the bike back to the state it was when I got it however, after all that learning, I realized it was ridable but in bad shape.

I was ready to throw in the towel and log into Craigslist but I decided to finally take it for a ride (not just around the neighborhood). It would be a shame if I sold the thing without even riding it once. The minute I hit the public road and went about 60 I could only say, "Wow". I probably didn't stop smiling the whole time. It still needs repair: new chain, new rear tire, etc. but I'm finally starting to enjoy riding. So thanks, Katriders.
    --
    Beginner

Hold on to that feeling and never let go.

You'll end up like me putting so much time and money in it that it turns in to a monster.
    Last edited by Tekgnome; 12-14-2015, 03:03 PM.
    Tekgnomes Crazy Custom Fighter
    The Screaming Banshee <

Big Bore B12 swapped madness

Comment

? Monster??? :
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
      X