X

Front sprocket question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front sprocket question

So Im swapping engines in my 99. Putting a 97 engine in. Both 600cc. When I removed the sprocket from the 99, ithas little spike looking weights or something that go around the sprocket. I assume they are supposed to be there but what are they for? The other ones I look at only have holes...
    sigpic

Originally posted by Million$ View Post
    So Im swapping engines in my 99. Putting a 97 engine in. Both 600cc. When I removed the sprocket from the 99, ithas little spike looking weights or something that go around the sprocket. I assume they are supposed to be there but what are they for? The other ones I look at only have holes...
    Pics would help alot. No clue what your asking about otherwise.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

http://www.sportbiketrackgear.com/vo...ront-sprocket/ Mine has something in each one of the holes that go around. I will take pics in about an hour when I go back to work on it...
      sigpic

Comment

Aren't those the gear teeth?

Comment

I'm so stupid. After further inspection, I discovered that it was actually caked up dirt, grease/oil. All is well after a cleaning.
          sigpic

Comment

It happens..
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran
            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
            X