X

please help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help

Hello, katana's I just registered on site..
    I have a problem with my katana 2001 I really hope I can find help here..
    Ok from where to start....
    I had a problem with choke cable, several times I used a push start and had no problem, later on I replaced a choke cable (it was stuckt) then I tried to start it with choke, because here in my country is a little cold now, the bike was working just fine, I switched it of, I tried to start it again 3 times in a row, everything looked just fine, then I switched it of again, and fourth time I tried to start it, but nothing just cranking, with or without choke, I also tried to pull a choke just, 20%, 30%, 80% but still just cranking.... anyone have some advice??

PS

I do know that I probably have some grammar mistakes, but t hope you understand

And yes, before I changed choke cable, let's say 10 days before, iw been riding it, after I start it with push start, after taking a ride I turn it off, then I can turn it on without problem and without push start, just with start button, except if it gets really cold, then need push start again... and now with other choke cable I have new problem that I already mentioned above. ... anyone have any idea?

Comment

If you had to jump/push start then your battery was dying, my guess would be that your battery has enough life to turn the engine over but not enough to start, these kats need a full charge to get running. I would recommend you start with a new battery.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Iw been charging the battery around 24 hours even more, and I'm the morning I tried to turn it on, and the bike was cranking very well but in still nothing, except that cranking

Skid Mark

Iw been charging the battery around 24 hours even more, and I'm the morning I tried to turn it on, and the bike was cranking very well but in still nothing, except that cranking
        Last edited by katanas2001; 10-28-2015, 10:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

If the battery has a dead cell you can charge it for a month and it would still not help.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

can the oil make this situation happen.. i havent changed it for i while, aroun a yesr i think??

this video i found on a youtube... this is how my katana is acting...
            i asked for help on M13online.com, and i said i would make a short vid so they can understand the problem better, so here is the vid
            Last edited by katanas2001; 10-28-2015, 11:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by katanas2001 View Post
              can the oil make this situation happen.. i havent changed it for i while, aroun a yesr i think??
              Extremely unlikely.

ZukiFred gave you the best answer. If your battery is marginal, hitting the starter button pulls it down enough that it will not provide enough voltage to the coils to generate spark. Start with the the battery.

Comment

Agree
                "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                spammer police
                USAF veteran
                If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

I found where the problem was, It was problem with spark plugs, I cleaned them, and now my bike roars perfect.. thank you guys anyway. .

Comment

FYI you didn't fine the problem, you found a symptom. Why were they dirty? They will become dirty again...
                    1998 Katana 750
                    1992 Katana 1100
                    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Working...
                    X