X

Just Wrecked My Kat:

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Wrecked My Kat:

Got off work today and decided to go for a ride up the canyon here, just a short 1 hour ride. On my way back down I hit gravel on a corner that was dragged out of a driveway, fishtailed a couple times and up and over I went. Bike was still able to ride out of the canyon but not without some damage to both the bike and me. This is why I always wear my gear, my jacket actually took no damage, but my helmet and jeans are toast. Here are pics down below. Thankfully the damage is easily fixable.

1993 Suzuki GSX 600F Katana

sigpic

Glad to hear you held up!

Comment

Thanks. Yeah I'll survive and so will the bike, Just got some bumps and bruises. Looks like a resting weekend.

sigpic

Comment

Glad you're OK
        1993 Suzuki 750 Katana
        2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650
        2012 Ski Doo Summit SP 800 ETEC
        1958 Cessna 182 Skylane

Comment

That sucks...glad neither were injured too bad...
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Thanks and Thanks, I think my pride was injured more than I was but it will never stop me from riding. I'll eventually get new plastics but I think this is the perfect opportunity to store the bike for the winter and make prep for surgery.

sigpic

Comment

There is a member selling some here.
              "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
              spammer police
              USAF veteran
              If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

++++1
                The gear helps when you take a spill like that-
                looks like the bikes going to be ok, fairings can be saved but not sure about that rh mirror. Glad your ok/

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                  There is a member selling some here.
                  Yeah it'll have to wait a little bit, I'm a little broke at the moment.

sigpic

Comment

Gravel, the scourge of the biker. I am glad that you came out of that unbroken. Ride safe...agat-

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Some bad damage there, the housing frame that supports the mirror, and the gas tank. The muffler don't look new anymore.
                      You can probably find the front housing frame on ebay, buy one if you see it.
                      The gas tank, you can hammer that out mostly and fill in the small dings, or maybe buy a clean tank.
                      The body can be repaired, all new paint, and that's the most expensive.
                      If you're a DIYer just an average project.

Comment

Working...
                      X