X

Converting to LED Lights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting to LED Lights

Hello, I have a 93 750 and l'm moving to phase three of my parts hunt for my street fighter build. my focus this week is lights: the LED vs bulbs to be exact

So on my previous endeavor with LEDs on a another bike, the LED flashed really really fast. Most are listed as plug and play but im now realizing that not to be true.

Im looking to upgrade all indicators and the rear brake to LED. Will i need a special relay or any other modification for them to blink at normal speed? My main head light (when i find one) will be a 7 incher round style. Im ok with soldering and splicing but im unfamiliar with the wiring guide of the kat (i did find one and have downloaded it to study)

I did see the sticky noted in the other section regarding fast blinking.. but I wanted to get maybe an item list, or product recommendation from someone who has done an upgrade to their prekat.

Any info is greatly appreciated. thanks!
    Last edited by kbotk89; 09-16-2015, 01:39 PM.
    93 Kat 750
    02 RAM 1500
    04 BMW X3
    ..and a Pair of Hyo GT's

head over to the auto parts store and get a two prong'ed electronic flasher. that's all you need

Comment

or these https://www.resistorsonline.com/hous...nted-wire.html
      2002 750 Kat
      2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
      2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
      2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
      1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
      2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

Rear tail light, you will have to get creative as there aren't any drop in lights. Turn signals are your choice and you will need an electronic flasher or load resistors so they flash correctly.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Get a busa/post kat tailight with a smoked lens, flip the board and put it in there. Brightest taillight I've ever seen; even has an integrated brake light flasher and signals.
          - Purplehaze
          All-Black 1993 Suzuki Katana 600 (Click for pictorial fun!)

Comment

The pre 750 has a big odd shaped light maybe two boards will fit. GSXFjim is trying to make a clear led one for the post.
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran
            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

For the tail light, I'm planning to mount one under the seat after a I do the frame chop (will be a dedicated 1up) so it will be going in between the two frame post once I have added a piece of flat metal for strengthening and mounting. I plan to use the stock wiring for the indicators after getting creative to hide the wiring. will I need to run 4 x e flashers spliced in to each indicator or just one to replace the main flasher relay?.
              93 Kat 750
              02 RAM 1500
              04 BMW X3
              ..and a Pair of Hyo GT's

Comment

just your main relay. flashers are load dependent so once you change the load with an electronic flasher, you're gravy

Comment

Working...
                X