X

Spoke too soon - carb issue now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spoke too soon - carb issue now

Well, just completed my build and thought it was perfect. Looks like I've got a carb issue to deal with now. It seems like my float may be stuck open, but if I'm very lucky, it's just the fuel line being loose from the connector.

I was dripping gas from the carbs at a slow leak rate when the bike was running and when on prime. This is the symptoms of a stuck float. I was 95% sure everything in the carbs was in great shape after the rebuild. The bike ran great, no trouble with power or starting. Sounded normal. I was dumb and used slightly larger fuel line, It felt snug going on, but was a pain to get run between the carbs while they were on the bike. In my haste, it looks like I didn't get a good seat on the nipple, and it was a little loose. I suspect that there may have been some leakage at this point, and not from the overflow.

I'm a little worried that there is a bunch of gas in the oil now since that's an issue from carb floats getting stuck. The oil level looked a little high, but then I put it back on the stand where I filled it, and it was at a normal level. This would have only leaked for a day or two tops.

Debugging to commence will be to get a secondary gas supply and see if the carbs overflow from a gravity feed. If so, then it's carb disassembly time, If not, then it's fuel line related and I'll put the proper lines back on and secure them well. Mostly worried about gas in the oil now. Any way to check that easily? Smelling the oil would be the only thing I can think of...

Look at the oil level in the window, if it's way higher now, that'll tell you. Also, smelling it is a good way to go.

Comment

I thought the oil level was high, but on second inspection, it's right about where I filled it to two days ago. Will smell it tomorrow so I do not go to bed with stinky fingers, lol

Comment

Working...
      X