No announcement yet.
X

Painting with spray cans.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where do yall suggest i buy the paint from?
    2002 GSX600F

Comment

Um, a store that sells paint?
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

lol of course but what i meant was what brand.... its early and i have a pair of newborn twins that have taken my sleep
        2002 GSX600F

Comment

Make sure to get something that's compatible with whichever clear coat you decide to use.
          -Steve

sigpic

Comment

ok cool. Dupli-color seems pretty good. probably will go with them.
            2002 GSX600F

Comment

Originally posted by Mohawk918 View Post
              Yea but I got a blue helmet.....lol
              Really dude? Who care if your helmet matches, I would rather see someone wear gear that is going to keep them safe and not match then someone riding dirty with matching clothing, and thats like saying you dont wanna bang that chick because her bikini top and bottom doesnt match.

Comment

Thought the "lol" showed I was joking. Yea I want to look good but I care more for my safety. I was even thinking of doing high vis colors just so I'm seem even more.
                2002 GSX600F

Comment

These guys are very good - not the cheapest
                  Coast Airbrush is the largest airbrush supplier in the world. With knowledgeable staff and excellent customer service, Coast Airbrush is your source for all of your airbrush needs.

but the place for striping supplies. Also they can mix House of Kolor aerosol cans and have sell Lil' Daddy Roth Rattle Bomb cans. Of course if you are just going for black then this may not be the place to get supplies.

TCP Global is mail order seems to have good prices. I have never ordered from them so I can't speak to their service.

I wonder if you can you just buy carbon fiber style wrap at Pep Boys, then try applying it yourself. You don't need big sheets to wrap a M/C.
                  '81 GS850G, '90 GSX1100F, '96 BMW K1100RS

Comment

Thanks I'll check that out. Also I heard that if I do it myself and not professionally done it will lower the price of the bike. Is this true?
                    2002 GSX600F

Comment

Depends on the quality of the job. Although my opinion is obviously biased I painted my bike with rattlecans and I think I've raised the value of my bike - I still can't get people at shows to believe it is rattlecanned.
                      - Purplehaze
                      All-Black 1993 Suzuki Katana 600 (Click for pictorial fun!)

Comment

If it looks like crap then any paint or stickers will improve it. If it is pristine with original stickers then yes painting it will likely devalue it.

Do what you like. A Kat is not a good financial investment. I doubt paint alone can really devalue a $2k motorcycle. Now cutting the frame - that is different story, but that seems to increase the value, as least in the mind of the one doing the customization.
                        '81 GS850G, '90 GSX1100F, '96 BMW K1100RS

Comment

At this point, the newest Katana is already 9 years old. It's only worth what someone is willing to pay.

That said, you can get nice results with rattle can. Take your time and do your prep work...
                          -Steve

sigpic

Comment

well im about to do this and purchase everything tonight. Im going all black.... unless i get to the store and see a color i like better.... lol. Im also contemplating wraping just the tank in carbon fiber. The reason im thinking this is cause whoever painted this before painted over the suzuki stickers and it is painted on.... so i will have to strip some paint and i really didnt want to do that. The wrap would cover over that and fix that problem for me. Plus it would look awesome.
                            2002 GSX600F

Comment

I think that would look pretty awesome!
                              Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory.
                              ~Author Unknown

Comment

just need to find a place that doesnt charge out the butt for wrap.
                                2002 GSX600F

Comment

Working...
                                X