X

Last Years Bike This years Bike

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Years Bike This years Bike

Hi i am Max i normally try to buy 3-4 bikes a year and fix them up and then sell them. Last year i bought a 1998 Katana with 13,000 miles my first Katana, "Pictured in Blue" the bike had not been started for 2 years and had been sitting out in the weather for that long. I got it started when i went t look at it gave the guy $700 bucks and took it home. Once i opened the bike up i found the Fairings were missing 90% of the bolts, it had been laid down a few times, the carbs needed rebuilt (I figured that), new battery, tail light turn sig's, tires, fairing set- bolt set, brake pads, fuel line, shifter/shifter cable, and dents in the tank fixed. Spent about $800 on parts and paint, plus many hours, but once i was done i was able to sell for $2500 and i think it looks good. Pictured in Black now.

I ended up buying 2 more katanas (a 02 with 17k miles and a 06 with 6k miles) last year (sorry no pics) but i just bought one this year a hoping to have pics up soon with a parts list and a price on everything. 02 with 13k miles for 1,300
    Attached Files
    "Knowledge is knowing that the street is one-way, wisdom is looking both directions".

Nice work.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Nice

Comment

Nice
        1998 Katana 750
        1992 Katana 1100
        2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

I Have also just bought 97 kat the fairings are in poor condition and many are missing i am looking to replace them or up grade them to a newer look. Does anyone know if 98-06 will fit on 97? I know they wont bolt straight up i will have to rework a few things but i am just wondering if they will work at all.
          "Knowledge is knowing that the street is one-way, wisdom is looking both directions".

Comment

Nice looking

Comment

Originally posted by MxBloomer View Post
              I Have also just bought 97 kat the fairings are in poor condition and many are missing i am looking to replace them or up grade them to a newer look. Does anyone know if 98-06 will fit on 97? I know they wont bolt straight up i will have to rework a few things but i am just wondering if they will work at all.
              I do not believe so.
              I think the mounting points are too far off.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Ok thank you

Comment

Working...
                X