X

Help!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!

I have a 1994 750f katana and I'm looking for fairings I can swap to make it look more modern, can anyone tell me what fairings are compatible with this year? Please and thank you!

The only fairings that "fit" are the stock ones. Anything else is going to require heavy modification.
    My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
    2007 GSXR 750

Comment

any 750 Kat from 1989 to 1998

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Originally posted by Christian_holden View Post
        I have a 1994 750f katana and I'm looking for fairings I can swap to make it look more modern, can anyone tell me what fairings are compatible with this year? Please and thank you!
        I'm going to say this outright, if you're bike is very-close to OEM, live with your bike as is and upgrade if you can't stand it. OEM pre-kats are getting fairly rare these days; could fetch another $100-$200 as opposed to being modded out to the right buyer.

The easiest way to make your bike more moderen is through fresh paint designs (but OEM painted fairings in good condition can fetch fine prices), double-bubble or updated windscreen, post/aftermarket mirrors, aftermarket blinkers and a shovel chop if it hasn't already been done - the small stuff goes a long way.

There really isn't much you can do with the fairings themselves. If you're on your ABS cement and welding game you could craft your own shapes. That being said I've finished rebuilding my bike after a drunk driver hit it (winter, no pics yet) and it's about as modern as a Kat is going to look. You can also draw inspiration from those who do Busa front end swaps, and swingarm mods to accept wider tires. None of these are necessarily cheap do, a shop generally won't do any of these, and since you'll be doing it on your own be aware life gets in the way, and it's no small feat.
        - Purplehaze
        All-Black 1993 Suzuki Katana 600 (Click for pictorial fun!)

Comment

One popular thing you can do to the 750 is swap out the rear plastics, and tail light housing for the 600. Personally, I like the 600 tail better. If you look at ZukiFreds signature picture you will see the difference of the 600 after a shovel chop, and the 750 tail. Another thing you can do it use some 3M vinyl tape that matches your plastics to shape the headlight a little bit.

This is a rough mock up of me trying s few different styles using electrical tape. This is the only one I have uploaded at the moment but a little bit goes a long way. If you do go that route, be careful not to come too far down from the top as it will limit your lighting distance. I taped mine up with a few different styles and rode it around in the dark with the tape on to get an idea of how it will affect my lighting.

Another popular and easy(ish) mod is the mesh mod. Check my build thread link in my signature I have a another rough mock up of that.

You will also see in my build thread how i modernized my gauge cluster. I think it looks wayyyy better than stock.

I guess what Im getting at, is there are other things that can bring your bike more modern without hacking up the plastics.
          Last edited by maniac1886; 02-20-2015, 12:26 PM.
          2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Or mod a modern head light in like I did.
            Attached Files
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran
            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

ah yes... I almost forgot about the gsxr headlight mod.... What is that, late 80's? Early 90's?
              2007 GSXR 750

Comment

2000 GSXR 600, heavily modded. Not for the faint of heart mod.
                "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                spammer police
                USAF veteran

Comment

Always park next to an older bike than yours. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by cool4kats View Post
                    Always park next to an older bike than yours. LOL.
                    Probably the best solution you'll find.

Comment

Lately a KAT would be the bike older than yours, to everybody else, that is.
                      spammer police
                      USAF veteran

Comment

Working...
                      X