• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ever get excited to see another kat?

Puled up to the shop today and there was another kat sitting there
    I just wanna ride my bike
    2001 katana 600

Hmmm, I have two. I haven't seen another here In the last ten years. I know they're here, because they are for sale every once in a while, all post kats- you know the ugly ones....lol
    Last edited by 92xjunker; 12-18-2014, 07:24 PM.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

I saw another kat once...all the rest have been for sale. I did see a post 600 parked in visitor parking at school about a month ago and got all excited. Other than that I think a kid might have a pre (bad shape), but more investigation is needed and I don't talk to the idiots that ride bikes at school. Their lack of understanding of how motorcycle parking works when there are 2 rows is maddening. But yes, I get excited when I see another kat, even if it is an ugly pre...

Comment

Right after there that I webt to my dads and parked next to his 92 kat haha
        I just wanna ride my bike
        2001 katana 600

Comment

Every time I see one.

The girl I'm dating right now has a neighbor with an '98-02 600. Haven't seen the guy yet, might just go knock in the door and say hi.
          1998 Katana 750
          1992 Katana 1100
          2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Actually saw my first other Kat when I was pulling out of the shop that passed me for inspection. All the fairings were off his bike. Only other time I've seen ones were at shows where the owner was not to be found except for once. Talked with the owner but he had no idea what KatRiders was and clearly had no interest in talking about motorcycles.
            - Purplehaze
            All-Black 1993 Suzuki Katana 600 (Click for pictorial fun!)

Comment

There's a couple katanas in my area. 2 pre 750s and a blue post 600. I've never bumped into the guy with the post but I have talked to one of the guys with a pre750. Pulled up to the beer store as he was walk-in out so we chatted. The other black 750 is a travisty. Poor bike. Dude lives like 3/4 of a mile from me. Its beat to shit, blows smoke and sounds absolutely horrible. I saw this guy at a local liquor once (I was in the cage) he was showing off revving it way up. Soooo much after fire, it was crackling n popping n backfiring sooo bad the whole time he was revving it.. by the time he got his jollies off the whole damn parking lot was a plume of smoke. I soooo badly wanted to go pick up mine and show him what they are SUPPOSED to look/sound like. Lol. Needless to say I just kept walking... Lol

oh yah and there is a member on here named uckfae ouyae that lives like 4 miles from me. Ive never seen him in person though. I think.
              Last edited by maniac1886; 12-11-2014, 03:46 PM.
              My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
              2007 GSXR 750

Comment

I have only seen two in the last 1.5 years since getting mine one post and one pre. Both looked great. But I have never seen another while out riding. I have been approached several times by guys that used to have one and start to talk about how great it was to have.

Comment

Indeed! I walked upon one in the shadow of St. Francis Cathedral just off the square in Santa Fe a couple of months ago. It seemed BIG for some reason. Certainly brought back righteous memories for me.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Yeah but the two other KATS in my town are stuck up, can not even get a wave from them
                    2002 750 Kat
                    2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
                    2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
                    2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
                    1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
                    2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

Hit them with a ninja dog turd...that'll teach them.

Comment

Originally posted by dano68 View Post
                        Yeah but the two other KATS in my town are stuck up, can not even get a wave from them
                        A bit of an oxymoron "Kat / stuck up"

Comment

I love seeing other Kat's.
                          And will critique (in my head) the bolt-ons, ie. nice pipe, shitty seat, cool windscreen, to much luggage, etc.
                          Blackdog
                          DRz-400e plated
                          Blue 05 750 (sold, sob)

Comment

There you go...me too.

Comment

saw a really nice 1100 recently. had to photograph it.
                              never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Working...
                              X