X

Goodbye my summer love - 92 Katana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodbye my summer love - 92 Katana

Welp, after an awesome summer with it, repeatedly putting money into it on random things to get it right.. The other week the chain adjustment plate snapped and almost wiped. Way beyond my mechanical ability and cost. Looks like I'll be junking her. I put more into this bike then I bought it for

Pic of today when I pulled the plastics off trying to fix it. Started to drizzle and called it a day. RIP my summer love :P
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Judas; 03-19-2015, 04:20 PM.

If yor chain adjuster snapped while riding, your rear axle wasn't torqued down. The clutch replacement is super easy, clutch packs aren't that expensive. Before you do, check the the clutch pin, just in case it was bent.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
      If yor chain adjuster snapped while riding, your rear axle wasn't torqued down. The clutch replacement is super easy, clutch packs aren't that expensive. Before you do, check the the clutch pin, just in case it was bent.
      Noticed the cotter pin on the rear axle was broken, I might guess that's where some of the issue came from. Wish I had the nads to try something out with the clutch, I just know I wouldn't get it right and end up wasting dough. :P

Comment

Not that hard to stack some plates and fibers, install the springs and bolts. Torque them the reinstall the cover. Adjust the clutch done, don't even have to drain the oil, just use the side stand. .......wait a sec........ I have a good used set if you want them, pm your address.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran

Comment

You know how many sets of two chain adjusters and rear axles I've sold on eBay that I struggled to get $10 bucks for? A lot. If $20 puts this out of financial range, you have more problems than a broken motorcycle. But that's none of my business.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
            You know how many sets of two chain adjusters and rear axles I've sold on eBay that I struggled to get $10 bucks for? A lot. If $20 puts this out of financial range, you have more problems than a broken motorcycle. But that's none of my business.
            Nah, I got the parts for the rear, that was the cheap/easy part. The clutch is the problem. Don't want to keep putting more and more $$$ into this bike, especially when I know nothing about putting a trans together.

Comment

You wouldn't be touching the transmission, just the clutch. It should be a relatively easy job.

Comment

Originally posted by skjeflo View Post
                You wouldn't be touching the transmission, just the clutch. It should be a relatively easy job.
                +1, I have a good clutch pac if you want it.
                spammer police
                USAF veteran

Comment

You take off the cover, remove 4 (5?) bolts and springs, pull the plate off, and pull out the steel/fiber plates out. Put new ones in, put everything back on in reverse order. Tiny bit oversimplified, but not by much.
                  1998 Katana 750
                  1992 Katana 1100
                  2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

thats one heck of a summer "love"
                    2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

How does one burn out a clutch when the rear wheel locks up??
                      My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
                      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
                      2007 GSXR 750

Comment

All kinds of wtf going on. My guess it was gone before, probably needed adjusted and never happened.
                        spammer police
                        USAF veteran

Comment

Working...
                        X