X

New running problem.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New running problem.

6 days ago I did a 200 miles round trip on my 1995 600. The first half was in constant rain and the return was in dry weather. No problems all day.
    I put the bike away in the garage and got it out this morning to have a ride over to a friends.
    Within 1 mile it had expired, after a short period of erratic running. The battery was fully charged, but it could not coax the engine into life at all. I called recovery and when they arrived after about 25 mins. I pressed the starter and the engine fired up straight away, but would not tick over. I rode it home followed by the recovery, but it was missing quite badly. At some point with choke partly on, at tickover the revs would climb very quickly until I closed the choke and then it died.
    A friend has already suggested that faulty ignition coils cause erratic running and cutting out, then starting again when they cool down. My coils were both replaced 3-4 months ago.
    Has anyone any ideas where I should start my investigations please.

Carb issue would be my first point to check including the petcock and tank condition. Also check your fuel for water.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
      Carb issue would be my first point to check including the petcock and tank condition. Also check your fuel for water.

Thanks mate. I was thinking along the same lines myself. Will do all that tomorrow and let you know.
      Correction.....wife and 2 dogs to seaside tomorrow to take advantage of good weather.
      Bike will be worked on, Tuesday.

Comment

Working...
      X