X

Now I need an ENGINE!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BareKat View Post
    .... just like my buddy's Suzuki XN85. That bike surprised the hell out of me on one innocuous corner.
    New widowmaker coming out for 2015 - ninja 998 H2R. Supercharged and putting out 300hp. That is not a typo.
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Originally posted by shpielers View Post
      New widowmaker coming out for 2015 - ninja 998 H2R. Supercharged and putting out 300hp. That is not a typo.

Never been the biggest Kaw fan but

They have been really puttin it down. Im curious to know long they last. Im leary about all the electronics I read about in the ZX14. Too much going on with all the sensors and computer based control on the engine.

Electronics are tricky and expensive to repair. Are these bikes going to be able to be purchased 20 or even 30 years down the road and still be functioning stock computer system? I feel like if the computer goes out in A zx-14 you're gunna be paying 1/3 of the price of the bike to replace it. Not just kawasaki's though, that goes for everything, Cars, Boats, Motorcycles.... Im curious to see what all of the technological implementations on vehicles these days are going to be doing in 10 years. Are they going to be reliable like an old chevy truck, or are they gunna spend more time in the shop, hooked up to computers for repair.... Just Sayin...
      Last edited by maniac1886; 10-02-2014, 05:52 PM.
      My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
      2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Just wait until 2016, than the other motorcycle manufactures will come out with a supercharged sport bike that makes a lick of mechanical sense.

Comment

Thats what I'm saying. As an example. The hayabusa. Im not a fan personally, at least not any more. They had a design that worked for a long time. Then the ZX14 came out and, well, outranked the busa in alot of areas. At least from the articles I read. But Busa's are old. Its the same thing over and over again. Im a Suzuki fan, hardcore, i dont really see myself ever buying anything else. At least, not that i intend to hang on to for a while. Either way, I really hope to see Suzuki's rebuttle to thing like the ZX14 and H2R. Going to be interesting.
          2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Kawi's make a lot of cool things. They have a big fan base. As a mechanic by trade and the amount of common sense I have, Kawasaki is the dumbest shit on the planet. I believe all the Kawi R&D was something like the engineers looked at a working system and said "how can we do this backwards?".

Originally posted by Million$ View Post
            I don't mind putting, $3-5K over time on a Katana. I like the idea of having it faster than stock. Handling so-so. (10 inch stretch)Looking mildly custom.
            Did you share your planes of the 10 inch stretch with said mechanic? If so, I have an entirely different prospective on why he told you you needed a new engine.
            Last edited by arsenic; 10-02-2014, 09:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

KatRiders.com Suzuki Katana: http://youtu.be/BjMDCHQUoZo

Its been stretched already. The rear is lower than in the video. That was when I had A Busa shock on it. I put the stock one back on.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Million$ View Post
                KatRiders.com Suzuki Katana: http://youtu.be/BjMDCHQUoZo

Its been stretched already. The rear is lower than in the video. That was when I had A Busa shock on it. I put the stock one back on.
                Okay, I understand. The mechanic is a piece of shit, period. However, if I was gonna pull some shady shit and tell a poor customer he needs some expensive stuff he doesn't need. I'd pick the guy with a 10 inch stretch on a Katana 600. I'm not trying to insult your taste, but it's not the smartest mechanical thing you can do. The Busa shock doesn't make this any better. That's not a matter of taste. That's a straight up fact.

Comment

It worked fine for me...
                  sigpic

Comment

I tried to turn the engine using a 19mm socket. Didnt budge.
                    sigpic

Comment

Take the plugs out, and make sure you are attempting to rotate it clockwise.

If it won't move under gentle pressure than I would take a look at the cam chain tensioner next.
                      -Steve

sigpic
                      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I will be looking at the cam chain tensioner... Plugs were out. Every time I go outside, I get more pissed... I'd love to go fast, but for now, I just wanna ride...
                        sigpic

Comment

Have Krey look at it. Did anyone ever do a load test on the batteries? Yes a new battery can be crap if not filled and charged right.
                          Your best bet is to get with Krey and go from there! I would look at it but he is a lot closer. That ticking in the video is a mixture of exhaust leak and loose valves. No way those would cause a lock up/seized engine, especially not these engines. They are pretty bullet proof aside from the common 2nd gear issue.
                          TDA Racing/Motorsports
                          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                          Who knows what is next?
                          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                          Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I dont even want to go down the path of that jackass "mechanic" possibly breaking your bike. Hopefully its just a simple issue. Get it to Krey.
                            2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Kreylyn is at home right this minute and there is a spare engine in his garage...
                              Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

I once forgot the fuel petcock in prime overnight, one cylinder got filled with fuel.

when I tried to start, it wouldnt crank, dur to hydraulic lock.

remove the sparks and purged, then everything was fine (of course I change oil and filter as well.

if the engine is really locked (seized) it should spin even if you push the bike with 2nd or 3rd gear

Comment

Working...
                                X