X

Furniture Polish Wash (like Pledge)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furniture Polish Wash (like Pledge)

I tried this for the first time yesterday so thought I would share. I asked a guy at one of the used bike shops what they use on the showroom bikes. I asked mainly because I saw a bit trashed looking Ninja come in and then a few days later noticed how nice they had it looking. The guy said furniture polish like Pledge. I picked up a generic walmart one for under two bucks and tried it for the first time yesterday. My bike was pretty dirty and it worked great. If your paint is in great shape I would actually wash the bike and use the polish in between when it is just a little dusty. It went on a little like a wax (it is a wax) and a few wipes with a soft cloth and it was smooth and shiny. It will be interesting to see how it does with rain. I am sure I will be in some soon and I expect it should help the water run off the bike and also help against dust. I did not use it on the windscreen. It may work but I did not want to risk clouding it up. The pic is just after using the furniture polish and then riding about 50 miles. Had to stop for the 20k rollover pic.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by rschlegel; 09-06-2014, 04:29 AM.

They do have wax/cleaners in a spray form for automotive paints, pledge not really needed, all though much cheaper. Check out mothers or mcguire's.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

I use this on all my bikes, does a great job.

GS1000SZ, GS1100EZ, GS1000ST (Wes Cooley)

Comment

I just used pledge the other day when cleaning the dust off my kat. Works great for me
        J'ai Aime, J'ai Souffert, Maintenant, Je Hais...

which is translated from french 2 english reads:

I have loved. I have suffered. Right now, I hate.

Comment

I rode with a guy that uses pledge on his 1000rr. He swears by it

Comment

Sounds like its alot easier than old fashioned turtle wax. I will have to check that out!
            My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
            2007 GSXR 750

Comment

I use Meguiars Detail Spray in between washes.

Comment

Working...
              X