X

top speed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• top speed

So I took my 2001 katana 600 out this morning and was enjoying my ride I had a good long open strip with nobody in sight afyer coming back around after a check run for debris and holes in the road so I decided to open her up all the way my ? Is does top speed go all the way into red line or what I waa at 142 6th gear around 10 and a 1/2 thousand rpms but my road was turning into a curve so I slowed down. Dont hate on me in the comments just wanted to see what she would do so does she have mpre in her or what
    I just wanna ride my bike
    2001 katana 600

You believe your Katana 600 can do 142? Good for you.

Comment

Top speed is around 130-135.
      The speedos are almost always off. Yours definitely is.
      The 1 time I topped my bike out it wasn't redlining in 6th, but I'm never going that fast on it again so I wasn't concerned about it.
      1998 Katana 750
      1992 Katana 1100
      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Ive been told the speedo is of by 5 or so im just telling u what it said on the speedo ive also had the owner of the motorcycle ahop tell me that my 600 os alot faster then alot of the katana 600s he has rode in the past I have vance and hines full exhaust and my low end is lretty slow but my top end is wicked fast I dont know what else has been done to the bike for all I know it could have been boared to a 750 that was also my ? Is top speed is supposed to be 135 ive been next to a honda cbr f4i both running 120 on the speedos but at the 142 I wasnt red line yet
        2001 katana 600

Comment

You can't bore a 600 out that big. I'm not trying to say anything negative about your bike at all. I've been dealing with these bike for over a decade. You coming here saying "my bike is wicked fast cause I have an exhaust". Come on bro, you own a Katana, it's not breaking any land speed records, period.

Comment

count the teeth on your sprockets. if its slow in the low end then your probably geared out for top speed. either way, you can bet your bottom dollar at or 100 mph your speedo is off by 10
            My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
            2007 GSXR 750

Comment

I've hit 100 mph once on my gps testing hand guards at speed, I was making parts to keep my hard foam hand guards from coming back against my hands. I've hit the low 80's a couple times while out on a 75mph highway and still getting passed. I would say the average speed limit of the roads I ride on is 50mph. I can understand why you want to know how fast it goes but in the real world it really doesn't matter. If you want to show people how fast your bike is, your riding the wrong bike.

Comment

Its my second bike first was a 250 so the katana is pretty fast to me ive never been on anything faster so its good for me but still no one has answered the ? Of will it continue to go into red line or just top out. To me the katana being wicked fast obviously just means I need to keep it and not worry about moving up yet and my bad on the boar thing I was just saing I dont know what all has been done to the bike or what all u even can do.

I like the katana bc its pretty fast but a couple of weeks ago I took it out for 6 hours and was never uncofortable u can make them look really good decwntly fast and a comfortable ride for a good long distance ride with my cruiser buddies plus we gpt out own website haha
                Last edited by Jar3d200; 08-16-2014, 10:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                2001 katana 600

Comment

with stock gearing an stock tires a 2001 600 kat will do around 130-135mph indicated based on how much you weigh etc.. real numbers is closer to 120mph. the stock gearing will not redline. it will top at around 10500 rpm.
                  2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Thank u sir thats right around where I was at on the rpm range
                    2001 katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by Jar3d200 View Post
                      Its my second bike first was a 250 so the katana is pretty fast to me ive never been on anything faster so its good for me but still no one has answered the ? Of will it continue to go into red line or just top out. To me the katana being wicked fast obviously just means I need to keep it and not worry about moving up yet and my bad on the boar thing I was just saing I dont know what all has been done to the bike or what all u even can do.

I like the katana bc its pretty fast but a couple of weeks ago I took it out for 6 hours and was never uncofortable u can make them look really good decwntly fast and a comfortable ride for a good long distance ride with my cruiser buddies plus we gpt out own website haha
                      Thank you for getting a Katana as your second bike. You sir are on your way to being a responsible bike owner. The Katana is by no means super fast, but it gives lots of smiles per mile regardless.
                      Roops Photography|facebook|
                      03 GSXR 1000
                      04 Honda Aquatrax Jetski
                      Past: 92 Yamaha Seca II -> 04 Kat 600 -> 92 Kat w/gsxr 750 swap -> 01 GSXR 750 -> 03 GSXR 1000

Comment

My 600 Kat went 118 mph once it was still pulling .
                        My S 1000rr goes 100 mph in 1 st gear

Comment

Ive had my speedo to 135 three times... I dont ever know what that really equates to. I was at like 10.25k on the tach but i never leave the house saying, im going to test my speed at top end so i better turn on gps tracking"
                          My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
                          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
                          2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Originally posted by H-2 CHARLIE View Post
                            My 600 Kat went 118 mph once it was still pulling .
                            My S 1000rr goes 100 mph in 1 st gear
                            My gsxr 1k does something like that too

I do not condone speeding, but we all do it.
                            Roops Photography|facebook|
                            03 GSXR 1000
                            04 Honda Aquatrax Jetski
                            Past: 92 Yamaha Seca II -> 04 Kat 600 -> 92 Kat w/gsxr 750 swap -> 01 GSXR 750 -> 03 GSXR 1000

Comment

Originally posted by professorman View Post
                              My gsxr 1k does something like that too

I do not condone speeding, but we all do it.
                              Haha thats why we love our sport bikes buddys at work all the time tell me why dont u get a cruiser I love the speed and the lean especially when u hit that bank around a car and ur going straight still kinda in a lean feels awesome

Originally posted by professorman View Post
                              Thank you for getting a Katana as your second bike. You sir are on your way to being a responsible bike owner. The Katana is by no means super fast, but it gives lots of smiles per mile regardless.
                              Hell yeah it does just got back from taking my gf out for a cruise I love riding it and being super comfortable at the same time and no complaints from her about the big cushiony bannana seat
                              Last edited by Jar3d200; 08-18-2014, 04:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                              2001 katana 600

Comment

Working...
                              X