X

Center Stand

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Center Stand

Does anyone know what year Katana center stands fit the 88 GSX600FJ?
    88 GSX600F Katana

88-97 for sure
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
      88-97 for sure
      THX!
      88 GSX600F Katana

Comment

88-97 for sure
        Would a
        96 Suzuki Katana GSX-F 750 Center Stand 40B

work for my bike?
        88 GSX600F Katana

Comment

Originally posted by Hoko View Post

Yes.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

88-97 for sure
            really!!!
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran
            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
              Yes.

Krey
              Awesome!

It's the cheapest one on Ebay
              Got it, for 21 bucks!
              Last edited by Hoko; 08-17-2014, 12:08 PM.
              88 GSX600F Katana

Comment

Yes.

Krey
                The spring doesn't come with it. Would this spring work for a 96 Suzuki Katana GSX-F 750 Center Stand 40B?
                2001 SUZUKI GSX750F KATANA CENTER STAND SPRING

Last edited by Hoko; 08-18-2014, 12:50 AM. Reason: add
                88 GSX600F Katana

Comment

The spring doesn't come with it. Would this spring work for a 96 Suzuki Katana GSX-F 750 Center Stand 40B?
                  2001 SUZUKI GSX750F KATANA CENTER STAND SPRING

No. Post stand uses a slightly different setup so that won't work.

Your better off, unless you can find a complete "set" of the hardware to go with in a pile on ebay for stupid cheap(you gotta know what your looking for though....), to just buy new springs/bolts and the spring plate your going to need, from a reputable dealer.

Check this for example on prices...

Shop online for OEM Stand parts that fit your 1993 Suzuki GSX750F, search all our OEM Parts or call at 800.359.0567

2 bolts.
                  2 springs.
                  spring hook
                  2 spacers

You can also check your local dealer and ask them to match the online prices to save in shipping.

On the other hand, are you missing other hardware and stuff or is this ONLY a project for the center stand? I ask because there are lots of the "katana misc bolt sets" taken from bikes.

This slightly high priced example has both of the springs and the spring hook clearly shown (it's the only reason I'm linking this example) and has lots of other stuff too...

Does you no good to buy that though if you only need the center stand stuff. You can buy all new for cheaper using the link above. Generally the center stand was standard on the 750s, but optional on the 600s... so it's really only going to be the 750 bolt kits that you find the stuff for the stand mixed in.

Don't know what all you got going on, so... consider the options and pick what's best.

Krey
                  93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thanks Krey for searching these things out for me. This looks like a good parts source. I have a question about the parts listed for the stand. These are a couple of the bolts listed and I'm not sure which one I need. They are listed as
                    .BOLT MODEL K/L/M/N/P
                    and .BOLT MODEL R/S/T
                    I'm not sure what the letters stand for. Can you help me out with this?
                    also I didn't see the spring plate listed
                    Thx
                    Last edited by Hoko; 08-18-2014, 01:16 PM.
                    88 GSX600F Katana

Comment

Thanks Krey for searching these things out for me. This looks like a good parts source. I have a question about the parts listed for the stand. These are a couple of the bolts listed and I'm not sure which one I need. They are listed as
                      .BOLT MODEL K/L/M/N/P
                      and .BOLT MODEL R/S/T
                      I'm not sure what the letters stand for. Can you help me out with this?
                      also I didn't see the spring plate listed
                      Thx

Parts 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 are what you need.

Year model = matching letter. J = 88, K = 89, and so on.

krey
                      93 750 Kat

Comment

Parts 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 are what you need.

Year model = matching letter. J = 88, K = 89, and so on.

krey
                        OK, yeah I thought that might be what it was but wasn't sure. Trying to get used to the way Suzuki parts are ordered. Appreciate the help
                        88 GSX600F Katana

Comment

Working...
                        X