No announcement yet.
X

No Start after New Diaphragms

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flawed theory, the slides will never close off enough to choke the pilot circuit. Did you add any fuel, possible water. Did you change the plugs?
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
      Flawed theory, the slides will never close off enough to choke the pilot circuit. Did you add any fuel, possible water. Did you change the plugs?

None of the above. All I know is that I cleaned the plugs and reinstalled the old slides and she started to come back to life. I had cleaned the plugs before (again, they were just a little wet) and got nothing. Did the same thing with old diaphragms and she started to run. Makes me think that they had something to do with the problem.

Comment

If your getting fuel and air, spark isn't there or hot enough, hence you get firing only with a fully charged battery. Clip the spark plug wire at the plug boot back 3/8" and replace the plugs.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran

Comment

If your getting fuel and air, spark isn't there or hot enough, hence you get firing only with a fully charged battery. Clip the spark plug wire at the plug boot back 3/8" and replace the plugs.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

You can't "clean" the plugs. Once they are fouled, they are done, period.

Comment

Yup. New plugs going in this week. Crazy how they were fine until I "fixed" the carbs.

Comment

Coincidence....
                spammer police
                USAF veteran

Comment

Coincidence....
                  It's not so much a coincidence, this is how things work. You have an old Katana, that more than likely has been neglected at some point that you're trying to bring back to good. You have a bunch of broke ass parts that somehow work together. One you fix one thing, the broke ass stuff that was working with it can't keep up. When you fix one part, you have to fix everything. It doesn't work out to well when you replace one thing and leave the rest of the system all shitty.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                    It's not so much a coincidence, this is how things work. You have an old Katana, that more than likely has been neglected at some point that you're trying to bring back to good. You have a bunch of broke ass parts that somehow work together. One you fix one thing, the broke ass stuff that was working with it can't keep up. When you fix one part, you have to fix everything. It doesn't work out to well when you replace one thing and leave the rest of the system all shitty.

True. The kids that had it before beat the crap out of it and never did any maintenance. That it ran as well as it did is a testament to Suzuki's quality.

Update: Changed the plugs, installed the new diaphragms and cleaned the inside of the spark plus boots and she runs! She runs better than she has since I have owned her. The throttle response with the new diaphragms is much, much better than with the old. Thx everyone.
                    Last edited by TripleKing; 07-28-2014, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X