X

Choke turns throttle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choke turns throttle

Whenever I use my choke the throttle turns with it completely... what would cause this?

Check to make sure the cables are not binding somewhere.
    1990 GSX1100F- abandoned in 2005, rescued by me in 2011, I'm gonna ride it if it's the last thing I do.

1981 GS750EX- Father in law gave to me, full resto in progress with late model suspension.

1979 GS850G Free shafty

1978 GS550E- The wife bought it for me for father's day (So she could learn to ride on it too)

1977 RM80- My son's resto.... he's 3...

2012 Qigo quad- pink Camo for my little princess.

Comment

Take the tank off and look. I can't think of a possible reason that would allow for that to happen and the throttle still work normally too.

If the throttle isn't working normally, it's probably that someone connected the cables in the wrong locations.

Either way, that's a "I need to look at it" issue. So if you can't figure it out with the tank off, take lots of pics and post them here.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by R0v3R View Post
        Whenever I use my choke the throttle turns with it completely... what would cause this?
        did you mean the housing for the choke cable pivots on the handle bar when using choke? my Kat is doing that. I'm going to remove housing and tape the bar to tighten.
        never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Working...
        X