X

2002 Katana 600 intake boots

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 Katana 600 intake boots

Has anyone replaced there intake boots because of a rough idle. My mechanic is thinking as the engine goes from cold to hot the idle goes from smooth to rough because the intake boots are old. Once the bike is off idle the engine is smooth.

Originally posted by nimblekat View Post
    Has anyone replaced there intake boots because of a rough idle. My mechanic is thinking as the engine goes from cold to hot the idle goes from smooth to rough because the intake boots are old. Once the bike is off idle the engine is smooth.

Only if the boots are cracked or broken.

Otherwise replace the orings on them. That's alot cheaper.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by nimblekat View Post
      Your mechanic is an idiot. "Lets replace all 4 expensive parts instead of just replacing the o-rings". Let me guess, MMI graduate?

Comment

Working...
      X