X

97 gsx600f overheating.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 gsx600f overheating.

Hey guys well up here in NY it has been in the 90's all week an I can't let the bike idle for 5 MIBs while I get my helmet on. I'm really thinking if installing a 9" radiator fan to a toggk on the cowl for these hot days. The bike over heats really guickly.. Thanks

You need to check your bike out. Running lean, restricted exhaust or can cause high heat.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Checked plugs. Neither lean or rich. . could be a blockage in exhaust. Fresh oil change. An with it be so humid out I don't doubt it will get hot very quickly.

Comment

How do you know it is OVER heating rather than just getting to operating temperature? Air-oil cooled motors run hot. You also don't need to let it idle for 5 minutes. Again, air-oil cooled motors don't like running while stationary. 30 seconds to a minute to smooth out, then ride gently until it has warmed up properly.

Comment

I doubt it's really over heating, as stated, it's air cooled and they will run hotter that a liquid cooled engine will... air-cooled engines have a tendency to seize up when they over heat.

If you need to be sure, get a laser thermometer and get it to operating temp and take a reading and double check it with the manuals operating temp specs.

I've ridden my kat in 100+ weather with no issues.
          http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
          http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
          '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
          "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
          "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

Working...
          X