X

need help asap?.????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help asap?.????

ok so i have a 97 gsx600f.. i just put in a factory pro carb kit.. everything intake wise is stock.. so i put in the new needles with the clip in the 3rd position.. an put in a 115 jet.. now when idleing the bike will idle no less than 3000.. already backed out the idle screw numerous times.? , an already set the pilot screw to 2.5 turn out from lightly seated.. what would you all suggest.. would i lower the needle 1 clip or raise it one clip?.. is it getting to much fuel?? i am riding bike to work an truck is in shop getting fixed! thanks to anyone who replys!!. thanks

Is the choke cable working properly, when you reinstalled the carbs did u adjust the butterflies ( bench sync ) them?. Is the throttle cable releasing all the way?

I have a factory pro kit in my 1100, I used a micrometer to sync the 4 butterflies so they are dead even, then adjusted them so they are just barely
    open ( some folks use a sewing needle ) . new emulsion tubes with new needles, new mains and clip in 3rd slot. idled around 1100 rpm after start up.

Comment

Vac leak, did you reinstall the o-ring under the cap at the sync port? Are all your boots correct and clamped tight, is the linkage getting caught on the clamps?
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Yea bench sync them. Ended up dropping needle to slot 2. An sync ports are plugged an as well with other connections. I'm wondering if I bench synced them to far open. An still had small issue this morn, found that when I turned the bars to the left it would throttle up. So I jbew the cable was caught. So I fixed that.. But now it won't run without choke half way. Gonna rip it back apart tonight after work. Rode it to work though what a rush.. If I drop the needle wouldn't that lean out the bike? Thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by xredneckf150x View Post
          Yea bench sync them. Ended up dropping needle to slot 2. An sync ports are plugged an as well with other connections. I'm wondering if I bench synced them to far open. An still had small issue this morn, found that when I turned the bars to the left it would throttle up. So I jbew the cable was caught. So I fixed that.. But now it won't run without choke half way. Gonna rip it back apart tonight after work. Rode it to work though what a rush.. If I drop the needle wouldn't that lean out the bike? Thanks guys

You seem focused on the needle and jet kit you installed. That I guess would be normal since you think that's the only thing you changed. If you read the jetkit install and tuning instructions though, It will mentioned what/when/where to adjust based upon the rpm range.

High idle has nothing to do with your needle position.

Read the instructions again pay close attention to the tuning instructions and rpm information, and make sure your carbs are properly synced!

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I did read .. Read the whole sheet. Needle 2-4 slot. Main jet 115 if aftermarket exhaust. Pilot 2.5 turns. I'm just gonna go back to the stock 112.5.. An yes I an concerned with the needle. Pilot blocked so adjustability beside slide an butterfly is jet an needle. I am just looking to get into the right direction. As I have eliminated the other issues.. Gonna check the sync again. I'm gonna use the sewing needle trick as I can't get them in tune together till this weekend. Gotta get to work truck is in shop Thanks

Comment

Larger jets for a full exhaust system.
              "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
              spammer police
              USAF veteran

Comment

I need to put in a bigger jet? I have the 115 now. Do I need to put in a 117.5?. I don't mean to sound like an idiot but why would I go with a bigger size?. But then again. I was using choke this morn about halfway so that means I was chocking down air. So too much air, not enough fuel? So bigger jet will akow my choke to be off an deliver more fuel with the amount of air being forced through. Does that sound right?. I'm gonna bench sync them again. After that ill do with the bigger jet. Sound good

Comment

Choke feeds fuel, works different than a car carb. Larger jets for a full exhaust system, not stock or an after market can.
                  spammer police
                  USAF veteran

Comment

Alriggt gotcha. Ok so in just gonna redo the sync. An throw back in the 112. An see how she does. . sound better this time ha ha lol

An I justfound something that also might be hurting myself. The coils firing order may be off. I remember when I removed tank when bought the bike that #1 coil was feeding 1 an 2 bank.. Coil #2 feeding 3 an 4. This is a problem right?.. What is the firing order?
                    Last edited by xredneckf150x; 07-16-2014, 11:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Coils fire 1&4 or 2&3.

On the 1100, the left is 1&4 and the right side is 2&3. When sitting on the bike.
                      1990 GSX1100F- abandoned in 2005, rescued by me in 2011, I'm gonna ride it if it's the last thing I do.

1981 GS750EX- Father in law gave to me, full resto in progress with late model suspension.

1979 GS850G Free shafty

1978 GS550E- The wife bought it for me for father's day (So she could learn to ride on it too)

1977 RM80- My son's resto.... he's 3...

2012 Qigo quad- pink Camo for my little princess.

Comment

Yeah, that would be an issue.
                        spammer police
                        USAF veteran

Comment

ok well the wires 2/3 were swapped... bike broke down 2 miles from my house. so i dismantled the bike right there an i put the stock jet an stock needle back in.. i see that everything is connected an don't think there is an air leak present .. but signs shows a leak somewhere. so i just ordered all new vacuum an fuel components.. t's an O-rings an seals for the fuel line. an boots. an pilot plugs. this will eliminate all vacuum leaks. then sync this weekend an it should be good to go..

Comment

Working...
                          X