X

pigspotter mirrors?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pigspotter mirrors?

Im kinda diggin these pigspotter mirrors, butm not sure they are goong to work right on a kat, what with the long north south mounting holes anyway, any thoughts?

its raining out back in your cage!!

My .02?
    You're reducing what you can see in your mirrors (stated 70% visibility of stock mirrors) and paying 110 to do so. + you'll need to shell out a little more to run the LEDs anyways.
    I wouldn't.
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Very good points, i dont hate the factorys, just like the narrower look, but i do a lot of freeway riding here in town and seeing behind me is important, does anyone know of anything out there that would be a good combo of both?

Comment

I know someone used to make mirror extensions...kind of the exact OPPOSITE of what you're looking for, but they were supposed to get the field of view to not include your elbows and really help see more of the road.
        Are you going for the look, or better visibility?
        1998 Katana 750
        1992 Katana 1100
        2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

I'm all about the safety side of it. I am going to be doing mirror extensions. If you really like the look you could install the mirrors and use bar end mirrors for the traffic. I have never used them though so I don't know how well they work.

Comment

I was going to do it purely for looks, my brother in law (cafe rider) has the bar end mirrors, they work pretty good, but he pointed out that from the front kats look like a toyota logo(damn, hes right tjey kinda do) and i wanted to change that up a little, plus im just not happy with the black stock mirrors, but after weighing safety vs apperance, ive decided im just going to suck it up and paint the stockies, ive already been run over by a van once, old bike, and im not willing to let it happen again just to look cool, thanks for the advice, and ill keep looking for other options

Comment

Originally posted by shpielers View Post
              My .02?
              You're reducing what you can see in your mirrors (stated 70% visibility of stock mirrors) and paying 110 to do so. + you'll need to shell out a little more to run the LEDs anyways.
              I wouldn't.
              I would have to agree here, reducing visibility is a big safety issue. You definitely need to see the crazy 4 wheeled boxes out there! Had a few close calls with drivers not paying attention and trying to run me over!
              1993 GSX600F
              1981 Yamaha XS400

Comment

Working...
              X