X

83 Big Kat luggage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 83 Big Kat luggage

Now that I've gotten to ride this beast some I was thinking of using it as my commuter. I use a laptop for work and take it home at night. Anyone in the same situation? Do you use hard sided luggage? Do you prefer a backpack style laptop carrier? Looking for some options and what being used. Thanks.
    1990 Katana 1100

My wife says that I have never met a tool I haven't liked. People on the other hand......

I work in IT, my laptop goes with me everywhere i go. I just use a backpack though. It's got a "laptop" compartment behind the main pocket that i dont use, i just put it in the main pocket. The back of it is padded so on bumpy roads when the laptop is bouncing around, it doesnt really feel like it.
    My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
    2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Originally posted by maniac1886 View Post
      I work in IT, my laptop goes with me everywhere i go. I just use a backpack though.
      Thanks. That's what I was thinking too after doing a little further research. I didn't realize just how much hard-sided luggage cost. Might just get a tailbag to keep the rain gear in.

Just seen you where in Flint. Do you take 75? If so how's the commute in the am?
      1990 Katana 1100

My wife says that I have never met a tool I haven't liked. People on the other hand......

Comment

FWIW, whenever I ride to work (fellow IT type packing a laptop), I just stuff it in my backpack. Eventually, I'd like to get a tank bag or a tail bag for extra storage.

Comment

Thanks everyone also meant 89 not 83
          1990 Katana 1100

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan DeSlayer View Post
            Thanks. That's what I was thinking too after doing a little further research. I didn't realize just how much hard-sided luggage cost. Might just get a tailbag to keep the rain gear in.

Just seen you where in Flint. Do you take 75? If so how's the commute in the am?
            I used to take 75. Now i'm taking 23 to 96. 75 is usually good in the morning. Its after work that it sucks. All last year I commuted to Southfield, like i said, not too bad on the way in. Its the way home that sucks. One time I started to overheat in gridlock between the palace and joslyn road. I had to get to the shoulder and take that about a mile to joslyn to get off and let my bike (and myself) cool down. Now I take 23 and its a breeze. I love it! lol such a better ride, less cops, and less traffic jams. I didnt realize you were in Swartz Creek, we were just out there last night bombin around the back roads 7 deep... all that nice new pavement is sweet!

Theres a couple other people from flint, and surrounding areas on here that ive came across, Im thinkin about puttin my feelers out to setup a ride and get some fellow katriders out there!
            Last edited by maniac1886; 06-23-2014, 11:26 AM.
            My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
            2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Working...
            X