X

Just bought 1988 katana 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought 1988 katana 600

Just picked the bike up for 250 a Lil bit of work needs to be done but when I leave battery plugged in it kills the battery any suggestions

Have the battery tested first. If ok then check for a draw, pull the + off the battery, put a lead from the meter on the cable and the other lead from the meter on the + post measure DC amps. What is the draw? Should be very low to nothing. If your pulling anywhere near an amp or so, start pulling fuses, make a note on which circuit you pulled the fuse from, pull till the amps drop. This will narrow it down to which circuit it draining the battery. Once isolated start cleaning any plug on that circuit, coat with dielectric grease before reassembly, clean any switch on the circuit also. If no change check for open wires.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

What he said ^

Welcome to KR, sounds like a good price for a project.
      1998 Katana 750
      1992 Katana 1100
      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Also have a question about the rectifier on the bike I downloaded the manual but couldn't find anything on them but looking for a wiring diagram for it thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
        X