X

I'm out riding the twisties, then this happens... 30k

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm out riding the twisties, then this happens... 30k

I'm back today from a two-night group camping trip with the local motorcycle forum to a beautiful lake in central Washington. While over there, I went up into the hills exploring and found some nice twisties leading up to a forest service road. As I was coming back down the hill I looked down, and wouldn't you know it, she turned 30 on me!

Wait for it...

30,000 miles!

Here she sits in the spot where she turned 30k. Not a bad place for it. Hey, don't say nothin' about the saddle bags. She's getting up in years too!

Now, finally, more than half of the miles on her are mine! I'm glad we could have this little moment so early in the summer. I'm buying a Honda VTX cruiser soon and will probably be spending more time with that one in the next few months.

grats
    2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

I deal with lots of weather and need to take gear for it. Soft saddle bags live on mine all the time. Its cool that you were at a place where you could just stop and capture it.
      Isn't it funny that we usually look at miles on our cages and think how bad it is but love new milestones on our bikes?

Comment

Awesome man! I dig it!
        My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
        2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Originally posted by rschlegel View Post
          Isn't it funny that we usually look at miles on our cages and think how bad it is but love new milestones on our bikes?
          Yeah, I don't think I have ever filled the Kat tank and not looked at it as liquid happiness gushing out of the nozzle. The more I can visit the gas station, the happier I am.

Summer has finally come to the Seattle area and I'm looking forward to a lot of time in the seat. I've booked a MC school day at a local track at the end of the month, so that should be fun. I'd like to come down for the rally, but 2,600 miles each way, that's gonna be more than my butt can stand!

Comment

Nice!
            It's way more satisfying on an analog gauge where you get to see the numbers actually roll than on a digital where it just flips to the next number.
            1998 Katana 750
            1992 Katana 1100
            2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Congrats for the travel and for the bike this kind of things its really necessary take pictures to remenber

Comment

My 600 just hit 30k as well late last month. Still going strong.
                - Purplehaze
                All-Black 1993 Suzuki Katana 600 (Click for pictorial fun!)

Comment

Only 30?? Mine has twice that.
                  The drawback is mine is a 98+ and I am now counting down till I have to replace it because I hit 99999 miles and it quits working.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Working...
                  X