X

Rought Runing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rought Runing

Sitting on the bike, from left to right, cylinder 1 and 2 seems like it's not firing completely. I went through syncing the carbs after they were rebuilt and it seemd fine, but the bike exhasut on 1 and 2 was arm compared to 3 and 4 being very hot as it should be so I know there is clearly something wrong.

When it warms up, it seems a lot better but lacks power and such. I need to keep the choke open as well, doesn't seem like it's getting enough air.

Is there anyone in the Newark De Area that is good with these carbs?

It can't be a coil since each coil is for 1&3 and 2&4 so I could expent one on each side to be acting up. Suggestions?
    Last edited by silentdub; 06-01-2014, 07:27 PM.

Done that before...you'll probably never make that mistake again though!
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

I mis-spoke. They are connected properly. What I was getting at is that if it was a bad coil, it wouldn't be 1 and 2.

Sorry.

Comment

You said the carbs were rebuilt -were they cleaned? If so how? Often times needing choke means the pilot circuit is clogged.
        Also, did you rebuild them or was it someone else?
        1998 Katana 750
        1992 Katana 1100
        2006 Ninja 250

Comment

Originally posted by shpielers View Post
          You said the carbs were rebuilt -were they cleaned? If so how? Often times needing choke means the pilot circuit is clogged.
          Also, did you rebuild them or was it someone else?

I rebuilt them.

They were dipped, blasted, and clean enough to eat off of.

The most likely issues I would look at is a fuel flow issue (fuel line kinking, petcock issues), but could be a valve adj needed. Checking the plug wires and plug boots for any arcing or bad connections is also something to look at.

If all that does nothing, you may want to do a compression check.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
            I rebuilt them.
            'Nough said. Clean carbs: check!
            1998 Katana 750
            1992 Katana 1100
            2006 Ninja 250

Comment

Working...
            X