X

91 Katana 750 Idle Issues

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 91 Katana 750 Idle Issues

After a good carb cleaning I started my bike and it won't idle until its warm. After it warns up its fine. I have to hold the throttle part way open because my choke cable broke, but if I let it return to idle before its completely warmed up it will bog and die. Also my throttle response seems to be lagging. when I crack the throttle back it responds about a second later. it used to respond immediately. What could be the problem?

From your other thread:

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
    You need to fully disassemble the carbs, and dip them to clean he passages inside them.

You need to remove the a/f screws and clean them, then adjust them to 2.5 turns out from lightly seated.

Skipping an actual full cleaning is not going to give you the results you want.

Krey
    Yes, it really does make a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by 91kat750gsxf View Post
      After a good carb cleaning I started my bike and it won't idle until its warm. After it warns up its fine. I have to hold the throttle part way open because my choke cable broke, but if I let it return to idle before its completely warmed up it will bog and die. Also my throttle response seems to be lagging. when I crack the throttle back it responds about a second later. it used to respond immediately. What could be the problem?
      Mine won't idle until it's warm either. That's why I use the choke.

Comment

Originally posted by 91kat750gsxf View Post
        Also my throttle response seems to be lagging. when I crack the throttle back it responds about a second later. it used to respond immediately. What could be the problem?

They need to be synced when running with a good sync tool after being fully cleaned.

Krey
        Last edited by Kreylyn; 05-29-2014, 03:55 PM.
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
        X