X

LED turn signals won't blink! HELP please

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED turn signals won't blink! HELP please

As the title says, the New LED turn signals will turn on with a flip of he switch but they aren't blinking! anyone have this issue and fixed it before? I would greatly appreciate the help.

thr stock flasher relay will not work with LED blinkers. go to an autoparts store and get a flasher relay for LEDs. when I did it I spliced off the wires and put female blade connectors on them and plugged the new flasher relay into those.
    My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
    2007 GSXR 750

Comment

If you get the right one your existing plug will plug into it, you will have 1 terminal open, that needs to be grounded. Other wise you'll have to do the above.
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

You wouldn't happen to have pics or video of this would you? Were should I attempt to ground?

Comment

Originally posted by Kat600noob View Post
          Were should I attempt to ground?

frame
          http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
          http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
          '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
          "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
          "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

mine is grounded out by taking a flat round wire fitting (like the battery cable.) taking a bolt out of the bracket that supports the back of the fuel tank and put the ring between the bracket and the frame and put the bolt back in. hang on ill post a pic.
            Last edited by maniac1886; 05-04-2014, 01:10 PM.
            My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
            2007 GSXR 750

Comment

I got a universal electronic led flasher from autozone, it's a 3 prong, positive, negative and light. I'm going to attempt the install here in a bit. Is this accessible from under the seat?

Comment

You can get to it from there, it could get irritating.
                "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                spammer police
                USAF veteran

Comment

Do the pre kats need a 2 pin or 3 pin relay to run led signals?.
                  Im in the uk and finding different types of relays. Some with just 2 pins and others with 3.
                  Would a 3 pin relay mean i wouldnt have to run my own earth to the frame??
                  Steve

Comment

From what I have gathered, you will need the 3 prong, one to power, one for ground, and one for the lights. I have the 3 prong and it should work, I'm just waiting on my new wiring harness to arrive for the install. If you get yours done first, let me know if it works.

Comment

That is correct. Or install load resistors on the signal wires. ? 4watt each light.
                      spammer police
                      USAF veteran

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                        That is correct. Or install load resistors on the signal wires. ? 4watt each light.

Anyone tried something like this? I still have normal bulbs on the front and an LED integrated in the back, so they flash (but fast)... was thinking about replacing hte fronts with drop in LED mods but was going to just find a plug-and-play relay.

Comment

Working...
                        X