X

Problems starting katana 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems starting katana 600

I have a 2005 katana 600. It wont start unless I jump start it. but when its running it runs fine. everytime I shut it off I have to jump it to start again. the lights come on when you turn the key over but nothing happens when you go to start it. I replaced the battery already... Any ideas???

Originally posted by villopoto1fan View Post
    I have a 2005 katana 600. It wont start unless I jump start it. but when its running it runs fine. everytime I shut it off I have to jump it to start again. the lights come on when you turn the key over but nothing happens when you go to start it. I replaced the battery already... Any ideas???
    Your clutch lever safety switch? A bad starter? Poor starter connection? Dirty starter button switch?

Could be lots of things... you should do some research on the bike to narrow those down.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Sounds to me the replacemnt battery might not be any better than the original.

If boosting works, i assume starter is fine and cables are fine, along with clutch switch. Boosting IMO shouldn't bypass a safety switch.

All this said, I assume your boosting it right at the battery?

Comment

KatRiders.com conversations about Suzuki Katanas
        and the days spent riding them. Includes Vintage Kats, Street Fighters, 1100 Kats Only, and Long Term Projects.
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
        X