X

Dual exhaust post 98 KAT w/pics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual exhaust post 98 KAT w/pics

I did this back in 2001 or 2002 on my 2000 Kat before it was even cool. Used Cobra F1s slipons and dual exhaust from a pre Kat. Fabricated an exhaust bracket to match the factory one and welded it on. Forgot, also needed the pre Kat dual exhaust oil pan and pickup. No other mods, plastic and center stand still in place. Works great and putting this Kat back on the street.

Depending on who you talk to, it's still not cool. As long as it's cool to YOU, who cares.

Comment

hey thats cool to me
      2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Looks cool... did you grind down and polish the welds on the inside of the exhaust where it meets the engine??
        You know your a KatRider when you sell a nearly new perfectly running low miles bike... and buy a 13 year old non running Katana.

Comment

No, I did not grind down and polish the inside of the exhaust. I wasn't even sure any of it was going to work at the time, as I didn't know anyone who had done it. In fact, I took off the Yoshi exhaust to do this just because I wanted dual exhaust so my bike would be different. Every Katana I saw at the time had Yoshi exhaust. I also bubbled my mesh on the plastic because everyone was putting mesh on these things and I had to be different. Turned out ok, looks better than the pics give it credit for.
          Last edited by jpmustblaze; 04-02-2014, 07:12 AM.

Comment

if anyone else is interested in this mod, I think my brother has a set of those exact cans sitting in my parents' garage...

They came off his '92(?) Yamaha Seca II. they were loud. He replaced them with stock cans after his neighbors smashed his spark plugs twice.
            -Chris
            **if what I said can be taken two ways, and one of them offends you, I meant it the other way.

Comment

Yes, I will agree, they are loud and raspy. But neighbors smashing plugs is just wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by Xrayron View Post
                Looks cool... did you grind down and polish the welds on the inside of the exhaust where it meets the engine??

The pre exhaust doesn't have the welds your talking about, fyi.

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                  The pre exhaust doesn't have the welds your talking about, fyi.

Krey
                  I didn't know that...that's bass akwards
                  You know your a KatRider when you sell a nearly new perfectly running low miles bike... and buy a 13 year old non running Katana.

Comment

Working...
                  X