X

What would you have paid?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you have paid?

So I'm always looking out for Kats and I found this one literally the day after I sold my 07 Firebolt xb9r.

Ad said 2001 Katana 600 clean title,clean bike low miles, needs engine and few other things. Make an offer.

So I called and decided to ask what he needed to get out of this bike because I wanted to make sure it wasn't ridiculous. He said only 1 person has seen the bike and wanted to give $500 because it needed an engine. Then he says all I need is $900... So I went and I inspected it...rear caliper was binding,fork seals leaking..nice clean fluid. New battery and few other little things. Bike was beautiful and showed 8k miles.

This thing didn't sound like a typewriter it sounded like bad engine damage. Then he tells me it ran like new until him and his son rebuilt the carbs and he thought they damaged the engine by maybe dropping something inside.

So I bought her... I figured even if she needed an engine... She deserved it. Turns out she was running on 2 super rich cylinders and carbs were damaged inside.

So my question is how much would you have paid? I can honestly say I was willing to go $1000-1150 but then again I seen her in person.
    Attached Files
    You know your a KatRider when you sell a nearly new perfectly running low miles bike... and buy a 13 year old non running Katana.

i wouild have done a grand on it as it sits.looks clean
    YES I did just kick your car door in for almost killing me.i bet next time you get into your car you will rember to look out for bikes

Comment

I would have only paid $500 for a kat that needs an engine. You lucked out on it only needing carb work though.
      Roops Photography|facebook|
      03 GSXR 1000
      04 Honda Aquatrax Jetski
      Past: 92 Yamaha Seca II -> 04 Kat 600 -> 92 Kat w/gsxr 750 swap -> 01 GSXR 750 -> 03 GSXR 1000

Comment

Working...
      X