X

1988 Katana 600 fuel lines

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1988 Katana 600 fuel lines

I bought a 1988 katana 600 with only 4k miles on it. It was crashed in 1989 and never ridden again. I got the bike literally in boxes. I cleaned the gas tank, carbs, put new plugs, oil and everything else you would of for a tune up. I got the bike to start and idle correctly but as soon as you give it gas and let the rpms come down she dies on me. Also i have gas leaking from carbs 1 and 3. Not 2 and 4 ??? my guess is i have the fuel lines and vacuum lines in the wrong places CAN SOMEONE PLEASE CLARIFY WHERE ALL THE LINES GO EVERY DIAGRAM IVE FOUND ON HERE IS DIFFERENT THAN WHAT MY BIKE LOOKS LIKE.
    Attached Files

That's probably because '88s are an odd case, kind of a bastard child year. Several people have trouble finding carb parts for them, so they switch to carbs from the 89-97 range. Straight swap as far as I know.

Also, could it be your floats aren't sealing correctly? That'll cause leaks as well. Good luck!
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

the 88 and 89 600 were both BST31SS carbs. People switch to the 90-97 600 carbs. It is not a straight swap, but it's not difficult.

Comment

I stand corrected
        1998 Katana 750
        1992 Katana 1100
        2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Carbs 1&3 aren't connected in any way, so it's probably not a reversed line.

Also the '88 carbs only have one fuel line that feeds the center of the rail.
          Last edited by steves; 03-21-2014, 09:14 AM.
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by 1988katanabasketcase View Post
            ...CAN SOMEONE PLEASE CLARIFY WHERE ALL THE LINES GO EVERY DIAGRAM IVE FOUND ON HERE IS DIFFERENT THAN WHAT MY BIKE LOOKS LIKE.

If this doesn't help you figure it out, then post pics like them and we will clarify what goes where.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

the two tubes in the middle with red on them go to the petcock I'm sure of this and the two tubes on the outside loop over my air box and go on the slots on the back of the air box and just sit there

what other hose am i missing I know i am missing one because i took it off last summer to throw on my other katana but now I'm not sure where it was.
              Attached Files

Comment

this the bottom of my gas tank, i know which two tubes connect to the petcock itself but what are the other two nipples for.
                Attached Files

Comment

Fuel line on the 88 question.

I too have an 88 and i wanted to make sure that the slightly tilted fitting in the center is the fuel line. Also any suggestions on getting a clamp in there good because its a tight squeeze if thats the right fitting.

Comment

Working...
                  X