X

Fuel Line Question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Line Question

Before I button this back up, I have a question regarding the fuel lines on this 95 600. The previous owner had fuel filters inline on both sides. The tank has a built in screen from the pick up so:

1. Do I need to keep the inline filters?

2. Why two hoses? Why not one hose to supply both pairs of carbs?

Originally posted by silentdub View Post
    Before I button this back up, I have a question regarding the fuel lines on this 95 600. The previous owner had fuel filters inline on both sides. The tank has a built in screen from the pick up so:

1. Do I need to keep the inline filters?

2. Why two hoses? Why not one hose to supply both pairs of carbs?

1. No, ditch the filters... they cause way more issues then they would fix.

2. I have No way to explain why the engineer who designed the bike thought 2 lines would be better.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thanks! Done. I assume since there is no real pressure other than gravity, this is why I didn't see any clamps on the lines, or is that just the PO's engineering?

Comment

Originally posted by silentdub View Post
        Thanks! Done. I assume since there is no real pressure other than gravity, this is why I didn't see any clamps on the lines, or is that just the PO's engineering?

Normally there would be clamps of some sort, usually spring loaded... but good fitting lines most times would not leak, as your right, it's just gravity fed. Over hot temps though could cause a pressure build up IF... several things happened at once... the tank vent clogged, the petcock stopped working right, and the bowls were full of fuel, THEN after that... if pressure built up one of the lines could be pushed off. (obviously that's a lot of "IFs"... but I recommend some spring clamps anyways).

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
        X