Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luggage Rack Fitting (grab rail)

(LUGGAGE RACK, NOT GRABRAIL)

Hi guys,

im struggling to find a luggage rack for my 98 600 kat, any other models of bike which will have same fitting. new they are really expensive for a small chunk of metal, on a budget, and not able to make one

Im in the UK, so not as popular a bike over here. I dont know why, its the best bike ive owned so far!

thanks

Last edited by KatRiderUK; 02-07-2014, 02:55 PM.

On a budget, you're probably going to be best off finding someone with a welder and building your own. You can put one together using rivets and then have the joints welded after you've got it all together.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Depends where you are in dear old blighty! If you have a friendly bike breaker near you then ask to see what he has that may fit your bike. Just because you are on a budget doesn't mean you can't adapt something. Likewise I live near a Suzuki breaker so can check to see what may fit and how it can be adapted to fit. My rack was off E-bay, less than £20.

CC

Comment

I feel your pain. I have a Land Rover Discovery 1 here in the United States. The rust repair panels cost an arm in and a leg plus a few teeth over here. I've been making a lot of my parts here by myself or cashing in favors. I understand, my Rover isn't popular here, but my Kat i can find anything for it. Just have somebody make one or it your budget is tight, take an old Triumph rack and cut it down with a hacksaw blade to make it fit. A little determination goes a long way. Good luck!
        sigpic

Comment

I was lucky and found a nos luggage rack on EBay 2 months ago. It mounts where the grab handle does and uses the bolts from it.

Check out EBay, hope you can find one.

Comment

Originally posted by count View Post
            I was lucky and found a nos luggage rack on EBay 2 months ago. It mounts where the grab handle does and uses the bolts from it.

Check out EBay, hope you can find one.
            Got some pics of it mounted to your bike?
            You know your a KatRider when you sell a nearly new perfectly running low miles bike... and buy a 13 year old non running Katana.

Comment

Working...
            X