X

wouldn't it be nice?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wouldn't it be nice?

I have been thinking about installing some mirrors that have the turn signals built in. What do you do about the old signals on a post? I think it would be fun to mount paintball guns with the barrels sticking out where the old signals were. When someone cuts you off you let em have it.
    Wow, I am pretty sure I have more important things to think about.

So add some small signals on the mirrors for added protection and remove the big signals? See what I'm getting at here?

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
      So add some small signals on the mirrors for added protection and remove the big signals? See what I'm getting at here?
      I think I see what your getting at. I was thinking that having the signals higher would add to the visibility. Thinking back on the mirrors that I saw, the signals were small and did not look very bright so would make visibility worse.

Comment

Originally posted by rschlegel View Post
        I have been thinking about installing some mirrors that have the turn signals built in. What do you do about the old signals on a post? I think it would be fun to mount paintball guns with the barrels sticking out where the old signals were. When someone cuts you off you let em have it.
        Wow, I am pretty sure I have more important things to think about.
        Now what could possibly be more important than thàt?
        Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

What if you changed the flasher and had signals in both locations? Reason I say change the flasher is cuz idk if they would flash the same speed with the oem type flasher. If you got one good for LED's it may work though.
          94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

It would flash the same if he added leds with the stock signals.

Comment

Originally posted by crazycraven420 View Post
              What if you changed the flasher and had signals in both locations? Reason I say change the flasher is cuz idk if they would flash the same speed with the oem type flasher. If you got one good for LED's it may work though.
              Originally posted by c-rod90 View Post
              It would flash the same if he added leds with the stock signals.

In my experience, yes... they do flash at the same rate due to the stock signals giving the correct resistance needed to trigger the flash rate on the stock flasher (or equiv. style).

But...

The LEDs tend to be much dimmer when the flash happens at all times.

An electronic flasher will work with conventional bulbs and LED, with both flashing at the right rate and the correct brightness when sufficient power is available (bike running).

I mention power as some of my LEDs flashers are still dim if the bike is not running and using only battery power, but the LED tag light (not flashing) is at normal brightness. This occurred with both forms of flashers (OEM or equiv style replacement and electronic LED specific flashers). I'm sure this is because of the draw from other components, like the head light, when the bike is not running and thus power is not being adjusted for by the alternator.

My thoughts... spend the $15 on an electronic flasher regardless. It works with all of the bulb types so no issues there no matter your mix and match setup. Also, the after market electronic flashers are only $15 or so vs $60 for the OEM replacement if you ever have the OEM flasher go bad.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
              X