X

Jet size suggestion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jet size suggestion

I have a 94 Katana 600 with a Vance and Hines Supersport exhaust, k&n dual filters and a dyno jet kit. I think I have it jetted way to rich because it has no throttle response from 3500 to 7000 and I just went through my second set of ngk plugs because the insulators are cracked. Does anyone have a suggestion for the correct jet size?

it makes no difference, until you put the stock air box and stock air filter back in place. It is going to run like shit.
    Last edited by arsenic; 10-21-2013, 04:32 PM.

Comment

K&N filters are too free flowing and don't allow any back pressure. Kat carbs need it in order to function correctly. So as Aresinic said...ditch the K&N. many many have tried...pretty much all have failed. If you use the search function and lookup K&N...you'll quickly get the idea.

Also dynojet kits aren't great for Kats. Don't know about for other bikes but Kats don't like them. Most recommended brand is factory pro. Keeping the dynojet and dumping the K&N will definitely be an improvement over you're current situation. If you can, swapping to a factory pro kit will improve it more.
      Might want to look into a 5 degree advancer once you get all your current issues sorted out.
      1998 Katana 750
      1992 Katana 1100
      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

I think KR as a whole is a little misinformed about Dynojet kits. Which is partially my fault for calling them Dynojunk. While it is my opinion that Factory Pro is head and shoulders above Dynojet. Dynojet is still better than stock. DJ isn't all bad. The main reason I dislike DJ is because it's so easy to install it incorrectly. First, they recommend K&N, that's not going to work right. Second there's like 5 or 6 different main jet options. Now if some random guy goes to install the kit, he's gonna put the biggest main jets in because they are the best right? WRONG. If people would read the direction or take 5 minutes to research something and possible learn a thing or two, the world wouldn't be so stupid. However, mark my words, it is that stupid.
        Last edited by arsenic; 10-21-2013, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
          I think KR as a whole is a little misinformed about Dynojet kits. Which is partially my fault for calling them Dynojunk. While it is my opinion that Factory Pro is head and shoulders above Dynojet. Dynojet is still better than stock. DJ isn't all bad. The main reason I dislike DJ is because it's so easy to install it incorrectly. First, they recommend K&N, that's not going to work right. Second there's like 5 or 6 different main jet options. Now if some random guy goes to install the kit, he's gonna put the biggest main jets in because they are the best right? WRONG. If people would read the direction or take 5 minutes to research something and possible learn a thing or two, the world wouldn't be so stupid. However, mark my words, it is that stupid.
          This is exactly what my previous owner had done. Seeing as how a Kat was my first bike it took me eons to figure it out. Arsenic is entirely correct, though: they've just got a bad insight to how Katana's really work, what with recommending K&N and all.
          - Purplehaze
          All-Black 1993 Suzuki Katana 600 (Click for pictorial fun!)

Comment

Cool, learned something new.
            1998 Katana 750
            1992 Katana 1100
            2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Working...
            X