X

2006 Katana Chain

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Katana Chain

So my 2006 Kat is stock and I would like to keep it that way. I am about to get a new rear tire Monday and I figured as long as I am getting a new tire I might as well replace the chain (17,000 miles on the chain) although the chain is still tight, no kinks, and no signs of wear that I can see. My question is what chain do I get?

I see all these "supposed" chains on ebay for $30.00, but then I see other for $220.00. A shop quoted me $160.00 for a chain and told me the $30.00 chains aren't meant for street bikes, but are meant for four wheelers. So any advice?
    All the world's a stage,
    And all the men and women merely players;
    They have their exits and their entrances,
    And one man in his time plays many parts,
    His acts being seven ages.

D.I.D. O ring or X ring chain or RK O ring chain. Never skimp on chains, Always use an O-ring type chain.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
      D.I.D. O ring or X ring chain or RK O ring chain. Never skimp on chains, Always use an O-ring type chain.
      Check, it will be an oring chain since that came stock on the bike, but I am unsure of what a chain should cost.
      All the world's a stage,

Comment

$160 at a dealer is fair. stay away from Volare chain, those will possibly harm you or your bike.
        Last edited by 92xjunker; 09-08-2013, 01:23 AM.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by Oddy Turner View Post
          Check, it will be an oring chain since that came stock on the bike, but I am unsure of what a chain should cost.
          A good chain will run aprox $120-$200 for just the chain reg price. Might find cheaper as part of a set or on sale.

What I would suggest....

DID, EK, RK... o ring or Xring chains. Search each, like this...

For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than to Google it for themselves.

Then click shopping... and then compare the prices. You can sort that by price low to high even. Now you have an idea.

The cheapest I saw off hand was an Ebay auction for $125 after shipping.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Awesome, thanks guys!
            All the world's a stage,

Comment

Unfortunately they're expensive buggers. And I'm due for one soon, most likely ordering this weekend so I'll have it when I actually need to install it. DID is definitely a good brand, my current chain has 25k miles.
              1998 Katana 750
              1992 Katana 1100
              2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Working...
              X