X

Vacuum Line Questions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacuum Line Questions

Hey guys, I looked through the manual and didn't see anything on it.

photo.jpg

The first one I thought the manual said was just a vent and there is one on the other end of the carbs too.

Not sure where this one went either.

photo1.jpg

Originally posted by silentdub View Post
    Hey guys, I looked through the manual and didn't see anything on it.

[ATTACH]26796[/ATTACH]

The first one I thought the manual said was just a vent and there is one on the other end of the carbs too.

Not sure where this one went either.

[ATTACH]26797[/ATTACH]
    Top pic.

There are two... one each between carbs 1-2 and 3-4. They are vents. Put a line on them, run the line over the air box and to the bottom of the bike. Do not cap them, leave them open.

Air equalizes in the carbs through them, and if the bike tips over, fuel in the carbs will drain out them instead of on the bike engine.

Bottom Pic.

That normally would be the vacuum port for the petcock. No idea what they have plugged onto it atm unless that's just a left over broken vacuum line. Runs straight from there to the backside of the vacuum operated OEM petcock.

I'm not a fan of the fuel filter you have either fyi... if you have any running issues, I would suggest you consider that it may be causing a fuel flow problem (not saying you do, or it is now... but in the future it would always be suspect for me.)

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thanks, I'll correct the line.

FYI: Those fuel lines and filters were the first things I threw in the trash.

Comment

Two birds with one stone on that one Krey! I was about to post a thread in regards to pic #1. Wasn't sure of the routing or if they were to be restricted in any way so as not to affect the vacuum. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X