X

fairings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fairings

Has Anybody here Bought Anything off alibaba.com? I was thinking of buying a set of fairings for my katana off there.Anybody have any experience with them?

I'm pretty sure that's the stuff from china shopping site.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Yeah It said ships from china.just wondering about quality

Is there a site that has them from us? This one just had some cool looking ones
      Last edited by daddyman0508; 09-03-2013, 07:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

i'm only aware of the ones sold on ebay, and people have provided mixed reviews of them.
        -Steve

sigpic

Comment

Alright thanks man

Comment

I've constantly been on the search for a reliable source for a new set of fairings. I would love to drop the $500 and make my bike look brand new again, but with all the mixed reviews it's hard to shell that much money out.

If anyone who has ordered one of the chinese's sets and has had it for a few seasons can chime in, would really appreciate it!
            - Josh

2003 Suzuki Katana 600, Two Brothers Carbon Fiber exhaust, plasti dipped black and green (almost). I live and ride in Upstate NY.

Comment

You can always make the cheap Ebay and Chinese fairing work with a little patience. Most of the time they require some modification and they never look as perfect as a set of OEM ones, but to someone not in the know they make the bike look like a new one once fitted properly.

Ever thought about making your own fairings? Since you have the old ones to make a mold off of, it isn't hard to make fiberglass or carbon fiber reproductions in your garage. I'm about to make a one piece raised tail with storage for my Z-Rex.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempted View Post
                You can always make the cheap Ebay and Chinese fairing work with a little patience. Most of the time they require some modification and they never look as perfect as a set of OEM ones, but to someone not in the know they make the bike look like a new one once fitted properly.

Ever thought about making your own fairings? Since you have the old ones to make a mold off of, it isn't hard to make fiberglass or carbon fiber reproductions in your garage. I'm about to make a one piece raised tail with storage for my Z-Rex.
                That's a really cool idea, I've never done anything like that before, but I'd be willing to learn! I'm also considering just learning to do a real paint job my self. My fairings are just scuffed on the sides (under the plasti dip), nothing is actually broken or cracked. Might just have to invest in a real paint sprayer and learn to do it the right way.
                - Josh

2003 Suzuki Katana 600, Two Brothers Carbon Fiber exhaust, plasti dipped black and green (almost). I live and ride in Upstate NY.

Comment

The problem with using your old plastics for molds, is that molding on either the outside or the inside means you are either slightly too big, or slightly too small. Unless you are going to do a 2 step process to try and size them correctly.

Depending on the level of damage, it's easier to repair rashed/cracked plastics than to try and source new ones.
                  -Steve

sigpic

Comment

++++1 on the paint sprayer,you can have a lot of fun with those.
                    I recommend House of Kolors paint,

Comment

Originally posted by rottenpixies View Post
                      That's a really cool idea, I've never done anything like that before, but I'd be willing to learn! I'm also considering just learning to do a real paint job my self. My fairings are just scuffed on the sides (under the plasti dip), nothing is actually broken or cracked. Might just have to invest in a real paint sprayer and learn to do it the right way.

It just takes some $$$, patience and time.
                      1991 Kat 600 Fightered
                      2001 SV650 Naked
                      2011 Roketa 150 Scooter

Comment

trying to replace my tail fairing on my 2000 gsx 600f a lot or different years looks the same so could someone tell me from what years will fit a 2000. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by sassyblack View Post
                          trying to replace my tail fairing on my 2000 gsx 600f a lot or different years looks the same so could someone tell me from what years will fit a 2000. Thanks
                          98+ gsx600f
                          First motorcycle - new project
                          1992 Suzuki GSX600F Katana

Comment

Working...
                          X