X

My first "real" close call

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first "real" close call

I'm hungry, wifey ain't home, so I decide to go get some meat at the Italian butcher near by. I'm thinking I don't need the jacket its right around the corner but its not too hot and drizzling outside so I take it anyway. On my way back everything is beautiful, just chilling doing about 30 miles an hour in local streets.

I see this car in the opposite direction and I can tell he wants to turn in so I slow down a bit just in case but then he stops so I figured he saw me and I keep going. Out of nowhere this sumamabitch presses the gas right in front of me, I squeeze both brakes and and I start to slide immediately. I'm giving all these details because its all in slow motion at this point. The back wheel starts to slide to the right and the car is RIGHT there I mean am thinking "shit its a wrap, oh well" bracing myself for the hit. At the very last second I let the brakes go a lil stop sliding regain control , I have no clue how I kept the bike up. Ay I slid past the rear of that car so close I cant explain it, I have no clue how I didn't hit it.

Now my adrenaline is pumping so I make u turn and drive back to the Mercedes Benz that almost just dismantled me. I'm heated I approach the car as he is stepping out in a parking lot. I can tell he feels guilty just by looking at him. I tell him ay man you really almost killed me right there. At first he starts to talk some shit about "huh...? wat? wat do you mean, why would I want to kill you I don't even know u...etc" I shush him and say "I guess you just dont give a fuck about me but you almost ruined your pretty Benz right now". He looks at me and sais, Honestly I had alot on my mind, I wasn't thinking Sorry. With that I turned around and left Happy to have come out of this one unscathed.

It was raining a bit so I cant blame it on the tires (Battlax BT-023) they have been good to me so far, I think any tire would have slid in that situation. Im typing this and my adrenaline is still going. Man that was too close!
    Last edited by BwamSolid; 09-01-2013, 07:28 AM.

Glad you are ok. It's happened to many of us - look back at a close call and think "WTF - I'm still here! Woo!"

Then you look around for the bastage that nearly killed you

Comment

A few members warned me about riding around the Montreal area last summer when I rode out to the East Coast........ I took their advice and steered clear...... it was raining so hard I crossed over into NY and then Valleyfield and then back into Quebec as I was trying to head for Sherbrook. Traffic up that way is fucking scarey.
      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
      ------------------------------------------
      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Could have had my luck..got my learners permit raced back home to ride for the first time ever. Pull out of the driveway and see a guy sitting at the stop sign..i slow down and he just sits there so i th8nk what the hell n get back into the throttle n the son of a bitch pulls out 10 feet in front of me..i let it go and continue my first ride..about a mile down the road there is a awkward 4way except all rodes intersect in a sharp turn..same thing guy waits for me to get right up on him and guns it..by that time i was real pissed so i turned around chased him down n gave his driver door a bit of the ole boot..to make a long story short this same thing happened 2 more times that day..since then not a single person has cut me off..must have been a bad day

Comment

Please - no matter how much some bastage pisses you off - DON'T DAMAGE THEIR VEHICLE!

Call the police and let them sort it out. You can get into all sorts of lawsuit insurance hell - and it is absolutely not worth it for the five seconds of satisfaction it gives you.

One guy tried that on me - riding his scooter, tried to overtake on the inside of my car when I was turning right into a car park and claimed I damaged his precious little scooter. Oh dear! Big mess, lots of lawyer crap.

Police attended and laughed at it all - especially his stupidity. Even his insurance and lawyer stopped proceedings.

Having said that - if they damage your vehicle in any way whatsoever, even throwing up a stone that chips your paint - feel free to sue the crap out of them!
          Last edited by Stumpy; 08-31-2013, 12:56 AM.

Comment

My commute to work is just under five miles. Something like this happens most days, sometimes twice or three times I think I don't notice it so much because it's so regular. Yesterday I had done maybe 200 Yards and a woman came around a double-parked cab and was going for the head-on until I swerved. I must say I was tempted to go after her because it wasn't just dangerous but deliberate too.
            Don't trade it - upgrade it!

Comment

Originally posted by BwamSolid View Post
              ... I squeeze both brakes and and I start to slide immediatly. I'm giving all these details because its all in slow motion at this point. The back wheel starts to slide to the right and the car is RIGHT there I mean am thinking "shit its a wrap, oh well" bracing myself for the hit. At the very last second I let the brakes go a lil stop sliding regain control , I have no clue how I kept the bike up. Ay I slid past the rear of that car so close I cant explain it, I have no clue how I didn't hit it.
              This is why you don't "bail"...

Glad it worked out for ya.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
              X